Summary: Different types of clouds.
GOD PUT A RAINBOW IN THE CLOUDS Genesis 8:11-15
INTRODUCTION: Noah and his family walked out of the Ark. The Lord made a covenant with Noah. He promised never to destroy the world by water again. So He placed a bow in the cloud.
Let’s look at some of the clouds in the Bible:
I. A THICK CLOUD
Isaiah 44:22: “I have wiped out your transgressions like a thick cloud And your sins like a heavy mist. Return to Me, for I have redeemed you.”
(1) Isaiah 1:18: “Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.”
(2) I John 1:7: “But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.”
II. A BRIGHT CLOUD
Matt. 17:5: "Behold a bright cloud overshadowed them”.
(1) This is a foretaste of glory.
(2) A voice out of the cloud spoke and said this is my beloved son.
III. A GUIDING CLOUD
Exodus 13:21: “And the Lord went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud.”
(1) The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord.
(2) Rom. 8:14: “For as many as are led by the spirit of God (guiding cloud) are the sons of God
IV. A LITTLE CLOUD
I Kings 18:44: “And there riseth up out of the sea a little cloud like a man’s hand.”
(1) There is an abundance of rain.
(2) There had been a dry spell for three-one half years.
V. A GREAT CLOUD
Hebrews 12:1: “Wherefore seeing we are compassed about with so great a cloud of witness . . .”
Lenticular Clouds are spherical sometimes doughnut shaped clouds which are very rare.
(1) Let us run this Christian race.
(2) Let us lay aside every weight.
VI. A TRAVELING CLOUD
Christ left in the clouds and he wills return in the clouds.
Acts 1:9: “While they beheld, he was taken up! and a cloud received Him out of their sight.
Rev. 1:7: “Behold He cometh with clouds.”
VII. A DARK CLOUD
Deut. 4:11: “And ye came near and stood under the mountain, and the mountain burned with fire unto the midst of heaven, with darkness, clouds, and thick darkness.”
Cumulonimbus clouds can be over 12 miles high and block out much of the sun.
(l) The anger of God was being displayed.