Summary: There is a work going on inside each of us, which God has begun. Because God started this work, we can have confidence the end result will be clear. God desires to do great things for us all the days of our lives. He wants to see His plan fulfilled in eac
God Is at Work
(Philippians 1:6, AMP)
Be confident God has begun a good work in you and He will perform it.
a. Distractions cause us to lose focus.
i. A distraction is an intrusion of the mind that causes confusion.
ii. We are distracted when we begin to focus on our problems, circumstances, emotions, and ourselves.
iii. Many of us choose to focus on our insecurities and weaknesses.
iv. However, we must choose to focus on Him.
Seven things required to stay focused:
1. Pray - Develop a prayer life, which keeps you from fainting
2. Purpose - Know that it is and do not be distracted by what others are doing.
3. Passion - Love and desire for what God has called you to do
4. Persistence - Continue steadfastly in pleasing God. Steadfast, unmovable always abounding.
5. Protection - The act of safeguarding. Personal guidelines for righteousness.
6. Possess your vessel - Do not live by the dictates of your flesh.
7. Pursuit of Gods will - Follow God by pressing toward the mark.
As we focus on God’s Word, we begin to see ourselves in His Word and our insecurities and weaknesses will fade.
a. But we cannot take credit for what God has done for us.
b. (Philippians 2:13, AMP, Message) It is God Who works in us to will and to do His good pleasure.
c. He energizes us to do His work.
d. Allow God’s will to be your will and desire.
B. Many of us start things and do not finish them but God is faithful; He finishes what He starts.
1. Jesus won the victory for us on the cross.
a. We are continuing that work today.
2. Our decision to become born again signifies that God has begun a good work in us.
a. His work is a guaranteed success.
b. We do not have to remain the same.
c. We can expect to continue to go from level to level and see God’s glory in our lives.
d. He works behind the scenes on our behalf; completing His work in us
Matthew 6:2-4, (Message). "When you do something for someone else, don’t call attention to yourself. You’ve seen them in action, I’m sure--’playactors’ I call them--treating prayer meeting and street corner alike as a stage, acting compassionate as long as someone is watching, playing to the crowds. They get applause, true, but that’s all they get. When you help someone out, don’t think about how it looks. Just do it--quietly and unobtrusively. That is the way your God, who conceived you in love, working behind the scenes, helps you out.
Isaiah 45:15, (Message). Clearly, you are a God who works behind the scenes, God of Israel, Savior God
Job 34:20, (Message). Don’t people who deserve it die without notice? Don’t wicked rulers tumble to their doom? When the so-called great ones are wiped out, we know God is working behind the scenes.