Summary: God never becomes weary, never feels faint.
“‘Do not fear [anything], for I am with you; Do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, be assured I will help you; I will certainly take hold of you with My righteous right hand [a hand of justice, of power, of victory, of salvation].’ “Indeed, all those who are angry with you will be put to shame and humiliated; Those who strive against you will be as nothing and will perish. “You shall search for those who quarrel with you, but will not find them; They who war against you will be as nothing, as nothing at all. “For I the LORD your God keep hold of your right hand; [I am the Lord], Who says to you, ‘Do not fear, I will help you.’”
A. A Text That Anticipates Our Needs
1. Meets us in anxiety and brings assurance
2. Moves us from fear to faith.
B. What God Wants to Do for His Children
1. If you are a Christian, God wants you to be blessed
2. He longs to exchange His Peace for your pain
A. GOD WANTS TO TRADE HIS FELLOWSHIP FOR YOUR FEARS.
1. "Fear thou not; for I am with thee"
2. Fear stalks us all
3. The four basic fears:
a. Fear of death
b. Fear of failure
c. Fear of losing security
d. Fear of the future
4. God answers all these fears
a. Death: "to die is gain" (Phil. 1:21)
b. Failure: "I can do all things " (Phil. 4:13)
c. Security: " My God shall supply all your need" (Phil. 4:19)
d. Future:"Lo I am with you always (Matt. 28:20)
5. Our Lord will ever leave nor forsake us (Heb. 13:5-6)
B. GOD WANTS TO TRADE HIS COMFORT FlOR YOUR CONFUSION
1. "Be not dismayed; for I am thy God"
2. Dismay : "Why did this happen to me?"
3. Confusion: can't understand why God allows trials
4. God owns us as His own, even in tough times
5. Whatever happens, we belong to Him
C. GOD WANTS TO TRADE HIS STRENGTH FOR YOUR WEAKNESS
1. "I will strengthen thee"
2. So many reasons for feeling weak:
b. Regrets over past failures
c. Conflict with the tempter
3. Consider His strength. (Isa. 40:28-31)
a. God never becomes weary, never feels faint
b. He gives power to the faint
c. He imparts strength to those He loves
D. GOD WANTS TO TRADE HIS HELP FOR YOUR HELPLESSNESS
1. Our righteousness is like filthy rags (Isa. 64:6)
2. Jesus has made righteousness available through faith
a. He took our sins upon Himself
b. We receive His righteousness by faith (2 Cor.5:21)
3. "The right hand of my righteousness "
a. Christ the Son of His right hand (Acts. 7:55;Heb. 10:12)
b. He intercedes for us there (Heb. 7:25; 1 John 2:1)
A. Come and Exchange Your Problems for God's Solutions
B. Christ Is Sufficient for All Your Needs.