Summary: CALL TO SEE GOD'S HAND BRINGING GOOD OUT OF EVERY LIFE SITUATION
Romans 8:18-28 – God Works All Things
18. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19. For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21. Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24. For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25. But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26. Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27. And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28. And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
1. GOD’S PLAN FOR YOU IS BIGGER THAN YOUR PROBLEM
a. A $75 basketball in my hands is playing a pickup game in the Family Life Center. A $75 basketball in the hands of Michael Jordan is a world championship and an NBA MVP.
b. A $900 set of golf clubs in my hands is spending $25 for a green fee and an afternoon of frustration. A $900 set of golf clubs in the hands of Tiger Woods is over $6,000,000 in annual winnings and a career grand slam.
c. A $50 football in my hands is playing catch in the park. A $50 football in the hands of Dan Marino is a future a Hall of Fame quarterback.
d. A $75 baseball bat in my hands is bunting the ball to my son. A $75 baseball bat in the hands of Barry Bonds is a Home Run champion.
e. A hammer and nails in my hands is a misguided home improvement project. A hammer and nails in the hands of Jesus Christ is the glory of God and the salvation of mankind.
f. It makes a difference whose hands are at work. And according to our text today, for those who love God and place things in his hands, ... things work out for good.
g. This doesn’t mean that all circumstances are good in the Christian life. But it means that even the most difficult of circumstances, when controlled by God, can work out for our good.
i. God has a providential way of making
1. BAD THINGS GOOD,
2. WEAK THINGS STRONG,
3. AND UGLY THINGS BEAUTIFUL.
h. Have you ever had anything good happen to you, & then, perhaps years later, as you looked back on the event, realized that what seemed so good at the time had bad results? Or have you ever had anything bad happen, & then realized later that what appeared to be bad at the time was really good?