Summary: PROPOSITION: Because Christ glorified His Father by being a faithful servant; you must glorify Christ by being a faithful.
God’s Special Servant
Isaiah 42, 49, 50, 53
PROPOSITION: Because Christ glorified His Father by being a faithful servant; you must glorify Christ by being a faithful servant.
I. Emulate the example of Christ as the Servant of God. 42:1-9
A. His Servant has a special relationship to the Father (1).
1. He is called “my” servant (1a).
2. He was empowered by the Spirit (1b).
3. He shall bring justice to the Gentiles (1c).
B. His Servant has a special ministry from the Father (2-4).
1. His character is the foundation of His justice to the nations (2-4).
2. His calling is to establish justice in all the nations (5-9).
II. Shine the Light of Christ as the servant of God!
A. Israel failed in their mission to bring light to the nations (42:16-23).
1. God had chosen them to be His servants (16).
2. The Israelite's chose to stay in their darkness (20, 22-23).
B. Christ fulfilled His mission to bring light to the nations (49:5-6; 52:14-53:12).
1. Christ is commissioned to be the Savior of the world (49:5-6).
2. Christ is rejected by the nation of Israel (49:7; 53:3; Acts 8:32-33).