Summary: God’s Word is always faithful. And if we are willing to listen, He speaks to us today. His word to previous generations has been completely reliable. His promises to us are completely faithful as well.
MESSAGE God’s work in Men’s hearts-And faithfulness to His Word
Revelation 17:12 “The ten horns you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but who for one hour will receive authority as kings along with the beast. 13 They have one purpose and will give their power and authority to the beast. 14 They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”
15 Then the angel said to me, “The waters you saw, where the prostitute sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations and languages. 16 The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire. 17 For God has put it into their hearts to accomplish his purpose by agreeing to hand over to the beast their royal authority, until God’s words are fulfilled. 18 The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth.”
God put it in their hearts
The Ten Horns (Daniel 2, 7) Nebuchadnezzar had a dream with a tall statue with a gold head & silver arms & chest, a midsection of brass, legs of iron & toes (yes, 10 toes) of iron mixed with clay-because they are strong as iron, but their connections are weak like clay. God gives the interpretation of the dream as the Babylonian, Medo-Persian, Greek and Roman Empires. Daniel had a vision of the same from God’s perspective, and the same kingdoms are wild animals running around and devouring each other.
& The United Nations:
The Prostitute (Any religious system which prostitutes itself by using the influence of the belief of people in order to gain political and financial benefit. This would include, but may not be exclusive to, the Apostate Church, Islam, RSS (Hindutva), Ancestor Worship). In case you question whether or not this is a proper way of looking at the universality of the Prostitute, I think Paul’s perspective may be helpful:
Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God. 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4
GOD’S WILL REVEALED IN THEIR HEARTS
1. God planned all of this to take place before he fashioned the Universe.
2. He is above the Universe, yet He is very much present-The “Wholly Other” of Karl Barth is also Imminent. If you are God, and your presence cannot fit into this vast universe, how do you communicate yourself to minuscule humanity? God has, certainly, revealed Himself most fully in our Lord and Savior, Jesus. He also continues to communicate Himself to us in our hearts-our mind, our thoughts, our emotions.
3. I was sharing with one of my students something which happened last week-We live about five minutes walk from the Bible College and Music School, so i normally walk every day-it's part of how i can work a little exercise into the regular part of each day. But one day last week i just felt that I should take the car, so I did. My wife had an excessive amount of foot and leg pain because of an injury that day. She asked if I had brought the car. When I said "yes" she said "you just have a sense about things like that". I said, The Lord told me. He should get the credit.
4. We often give credit to “a 6th Sense” or some kind of special ability when really what is happening is God is speaking to us. He wants to talk with us as a friend speaks to a friend, but on a level much deeper and more intimate.
5. He is also speaking to those who do not acknowledge Him-he speaks to kings and rulers (as He did with Pharaoh and Nebuchadnezzar) even if they are hesitant to acknowledge it is God speaking, or may even perceive themselves to be standing against the God of the Bible, or in conflict with Him. He still works among them and works out His plan and will.
6. He will work this way in the last days as well, motivating rulers to move toward a One-World system of government and One World Religion.
7. But when the World Religion, that which claims to worship God but truly only uses religion as a means of political power (therefore called a prostitute), becomes a hindrance to the political ambitions of the Beast, he will turn on the Prostitute and destroy her.