Summary: Easter morn the disciples and Mary go to the tomb and see things that are different sort of like the words we see in GODISNOWHERE, some see God is now here others see God is no where. This Easter morn God is here he is risen.
GODISNOWHERE John 20:1-18
We view the same things but our perceptions are different like the word Godisnowhere.
1. Note of the things that are seen on resurrection Sunday
• Mary saw the tomb and a stone rolled away
• Peter and The other disciple( WE don’t Know) saw strips of linen lying there
• Note the other Disciple who had reached the tomb first, He saw and believed.
• Mary stood outside the tomb crying. As she wept, she bent over to look into the tomb 12and saw two angels in white, seated where Jesus' body had been, one at the head and the other at the foot.
• Mary saw Jesus standing there but did not recognize him.
• Finally Mary seen 18Mary Magdalene went to the disciples with the news: "I have seen the Lord!" And she told them that he had said these things to her.
2. Right off the bat Mary saw Hopelessness “God is No Where”
• 201Early while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance.
• She thought No-where will I find a friend like him
• She thought No-where will I find a caring companion like Jesus
• No-Where that is where God is when I need him Its hopeless
3. Peter may have saw God is No where
• 6Then Simon Peter, who was behind him, arrived and went into the tomb. He saw the strips of linen lying here, 7as well as the burial cloth that had been around Jesus' head. The cloth was folded up by itself, separate from the linen.
• Perhaps Peter is skeptical he may have thought “What is going on here?
• Perhaps he begins to recall his past
• I thought I would never find another job nowhere other than a fisherman,
• but I did and he said I would.
• I thought no where would I deny him but I did and he said I would.
• I thought No where would I see the blind eyes receive their sight but the fact is I did.
• I thought nowhere could I see anyone who could calm the raging seas, but the fact is I did.
• I thought No Where would I be able to walk on water, but the fact is I did.
4. Perhaps the followers of Jesus saw the prophecies of Jesus death and resurrection fulfilled
• The disciples may have recalled his words, “, "We are going up to Jerusalem, and everything that is written by the prophets about the Son of Man will be fulfilled. 32He will be handed over to the Gentiles. They will mock him, insult him, spit on him, flog him and kill him. 33On the third day he will rise again."
5. What can we see from the empty tomb we see God is now here
• We can see God is now here to be a friend when I need him
• We can see God is now here to help me overcome what might be hopelessness
• We can see God is now here to provide salvation free RED Jelly beans
• We can see God is now here to cleanse me from my sin WHITE Jelly beans
• We can see God is now here to offer access not to an empty grave but heaven YELLOW Jelly
• We can see God is now here to help us grow in our faith GREEN Jelly Beans
• We can see God is now here to Be king of all Kings over our life, our messes, King over our death, hell and the grave remember the PURPLE Jelly Beans
God is now here He Is Risen