Summary: GOD’S 3 WAYS TO BE RECEIVE BLESSINGS! If we follow these 3 steps not only does it open the door to blessings but you will certainly grow spiritually.
GOD’S 3 WAYS TO BE RECEIVE BLESSINGS!
If we follow these 3 steps not only does it open the door to blessings but you will certainly grow spiritually.
Revelation 1:3 (KJV) Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
I. Read the Word!
A. Reading the Word of God is reading the Will of God!
1. If a loved one died and you were mentioned in their will, how would you know what you had coming to you unless you read the will?
2. The Good News is Jesus left it all to you. You are family. Family of God.
3. Within the covers of one single book, the Bible, are all the answers to all the problems that face us today--if only we would read and believe. Ronald Reagan.
II. Hear the Word!
A. Hearing the Word will bring faith into your life.
- Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
1. Faith brings belief and with believing all things are possible.
- Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
2. The Bible is a window in this prison-world, through which we may look into eternity. Timothy Dwight.
III. Keep the Word!
A. We keep the Word by doing the Word.
- James 1:23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
1. God gives the birds their food, but He doesn't throw it into their nests.
B. What we do for the Lord should bring Glory to Him, not us.
- Colossians 3:17 (KJV) And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
C. We need to treat the word like a treasure. Psalm 119:11 (KJV) Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
1. It can guide you and whole nations. It is impossible to righteously govern the world without God and the Bible. George Washington.