Summary: Which employer do you work for? God or Satan? Who has the better Benefits?
"GOD’S BENEFITS PACKAGE"
GOD’S BENEFIT PACKAGE
(16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
(17) For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
(18) He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
At one time or another, most all of us seek employment.
And one of the biggest priorities in seeking an employer is their “Benefits Package.” While many companies offer a wide variety of benefits, some offer few. I would like to share with us a Benefits Package that can’t be beat; An employer with Benefits like none other; Not a Cooperate Benefit’s Package; But “GOD’S BENEFIT PACKAGE.”
In my career, I have worked now nearly 18-years for the same employer. As a result of having been Employed, I have reaped many benefits. Some of the benefits I enjoy are:
1. 3-Week’s Paid Vacation Time
2. 6-Paid Sick Days
3. Many Holidays Paid Time & a Half
4. Health Insurance
5. Dental Insurance
6. Vision Care
Thank God for my Employer and the Benefits Package they have given unto me. All of these benefits we enjoy through our jobs are great. But the pale in comparison to those Benefits God has to offer to those who work for him.We as Christian’s enjoy the greatest benefit’s one can have. “GOD’S BENEFITS PACKAGE.”
I have SEVEN benefits I would like to share tonight.
SEVEN Benefits of being a Christian.
NUMBER ONE, THE BENEFIT OF LOVE
(13) Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
There isn’t any greater benefit we can have than to know that Jesus loves us. It was because of his love that he died for our sins. He loved us while we were yet sinners. No matter who you are or what you have done Christ still loves you!
One day C. H. Spurgeon was walking through the English countryside with a friend. As they strolled along, the evangelist noticed a barn with a weather vane on its roof. At the top of the vane were these words: GOD IS LOVE. Spurgeon remarked to his companion that he thought this was a rather inappropriate place for such a message. "Weather vanes are changeable," he said, "but God’s love is constant.” "I don’t agree with you about those words, Charles," replied his friend. "You misunderstood the meaning. That sign is indicating a truth: Regardless of which way the wind blows, God is love."
The greatest Benefit God has is love.
NUMBER TWO WOULD BE THE BENEFIT OF GRACE
(8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
The Benefit of God’s Grace is worth coming to work for him! When seeking employment we are often asked for resumes to show our qualifications, etc
Journeyman Meat Cutter
Even Pastoral Duties
God says there’s no resumes needed. Just come as you are! We recall the thief on the cross. He didn’t have time to give an extensive review as to why Christ should save him. (hire him) God loves us! The job is ours if we will just seek it. Thank God for the Benefit of Grace! It is because of God’s grace that he is willing to hire us! (Save us) (Nothing we do)