Summary: Will America Turn Back To God?
GOD’S CALL TO AMERICA
2nd Kings 22:15-20
15. And she said unto them, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Tell the man that sent you to me,
16. Thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will bring evil upon this place, and upon the inhabitants thereof, even all the words of the book which the king of Judah hath read:
17. Because they have forsaken me, and have burned incense unto other gods, that they might provoke me to anger with all the works of their hands; therefore my wrath shall be kindled against this place, and shall not be quenched.
18. But to the king of Judah which sent you to inquire of the Lord, Thus shall ye say to him, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, As touching the words which thou hast heard;
19. Because thine heart was tender, and thou hast humbled thyself before the Lord, when thou heardest what I spake against this place, and against the inhabitants thereof, that they should become a desolation and a curse, and hast rent thy clothes, and wept before me; I also have heard thee, saith the Lord.
20. Behold therefore, I will gather thee unto thy fathers, and thou shalt be gathered into thy grave in peace; and thine eyes shall not see all the evil which I will bring upon this place. And they brought the king word again.
Have you ever had the phone to ring at your house and you not answer it?
Perhaps allow the voice recorder to get it?
Or run to look at the caller ID?
Our answering the call often depends on whom it is calling us, right?
Some may not answer the call when these call:
Indeed, it has a lot to do with who it is whether or not we will answer the call.
In the beginning of this chapter we find where a new King had been put in place. “Josiah”
Josiah sent monies to the people of the house of the Lord to ensure repairs were handled.
There isn’t anything free
Lights we burn are not free
The heat we warm by is not free
That is some of the things that our tithes and offerings help to ensure we have.
Just as Josiah needed monies to keep the Lord’s house going, so does the church.
While these men were there delivering the money, the high Priest found, the book of the law in the house of the Lord. Now it had apparently just been sitting there, collecting dust, not being used.
Doesn’t this sound like a lot of homes today?
If the bible is to be found, often it is sitting somewhere just collecting dust.
Reading God’s Word is helpful as well as needful.
We should reserve a time to read God’s Word everyday.
After they found “The Book of The Law,” they then hurried back and one read it to the King, Josiah.
After having heard God’s Word, Josiah realized that God’s Wrath was upon them. How could Josiah have known God’s Wrath when he didn’t even know God’s Word?
One doesn’t know he is breaking the law unless he knows it is against the law, right?
Folks, it pays to know The-Book!
WE CHRISTIANS REALIZE
A WAKEUP CALL
HAS BEEN MADE FROM GOD THROUGH THE TERRORISM
WE ARE NOW FACED WITH