An Attitude that must be Possessed
A. What is contentment?
1. Thankfulness (10)
2. Adaptability (12)
3. 1 Timothy 6:6-10 (quickview) , "But godliness with contentment is great gain; For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil"
4. How do you become content?
1. ÎLearnedâ ö discipline (11b)
3. Basis of contentment (13)
1. Christ who strengthens me
2. An Activity that must be Practiced
A. In the gospel (15)
B. Faithfully (16)
C. Generously (18)
1. 2 Cor. 9:7, "Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not
grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loves a cheerful giver."
2. An Assurance that has been Promised
A. Not a catch-all for prosperity
B. Based on principles above
C. 2 Cor. 9:8, "And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work"