Summary: God's Forgetful People
Psalm 106 : 1 - 18 God's Forgetful People 7 Our fathers understood not thy wonders in Egypt; they remembered not the multitude of thy mercies; but provoked him at the sea, even at the Red sea. They Forgot I. The Principles of God - 106:1-3
A. Our Praise - 106:1 Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
B. Our Proclamation - 106:2 Who can utter the mighty acts of the LORD? who can shew forth all his praise? C. Our Practice - 3 Blessed are they that keep judgment, and he that doeth righteousness at all times.
II. The Prosperity of God - 106:4,5 Remember me, O LORD, with the favour that thou bearest unto thy people: O visit me with thy salvation; 5 That I may see the good of thy chosen, that I may rejoice in the gladness of thy nation, that I may glory with thine inheritance.
A. His Grace - :4 Remember me, O LORD, with the favour
B. His Greeting - 4 O visit me with thy salvation
C. His Goodness - :5 That I may see the good of thy chosen,
D. His Gladness - :5 that I may rejoice in the gladness of thy nation E. His Glory- :5d that I may glory with thine inheritance.
III. The Power of God - 106:6-12
a. The Defense of His Person - :8a Nevertheless he saved them for his name’s sake,
b. The Demonstration of His Purpose 8 that he might make his mighty power to be known.
c. The Display of His Power - 106:9-11
1) God Rebukes - 106:9a He rebuked the Red sea also, and it was dried up:
2) God Regulates - 106:9b so he led them through the depths, as through the wilderness.
3) God Rescues - :10a And he saved them from the hand of him that hated them,
4) God Redeems - 106:10b and redeemed them from the hand of the enemy.
5) God Repays :11 And the waters covered their enemies: there was not one of them left.
IV. The Providence of God - 106:13-15 They soon forgat his works; they waited not for his counsel: 14 But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness, and tempted God in the desert. 15 And he gave them their request; but sent leanness into their soul.
A. The Problems - 106:13,14
1. The Problem of Indifference - 106:13 They soon forgat his works; 2. The Problem of Impatience - 106:13 they waited not for his counsel: 3. The Problem of Indulgence - 106:14 But lusted exceedingly in the wilderness, and tempted God in the desert.
B. The Penalty - :15 And he gave them their request; but sent leanness into their soul.
V. The Punishment of God - 106:16-18
1. Against The Agitators of Rebellion - :17 The earth opened and swallowed up Dathan, and covered the company of Abiram.
2. Against The Adherents of Rebellion - :18 And a fire was kindled in their company; the flame burned up the wicked.