Summary: Christ is revealed as God’s Glory to the Hebrews
Hebrews authorship - essence is to a group of TRUE believers before Nero’s persecution of the church in 64 AD -
• A reset look on Christ as Immanuel
• A warning to avoid the LAW DRAW
ESSENCE - God’s Glory is TRUTH - not our understanding of the Word but ACKNOWLEDGEMENT of the WORD
How can we see God? - I look like my dad… not him
How do we see GOD? CHRIST? What about the Hebrews under persecution… I CAN DO IT, WE CAN DO IT… WE I US et al
God’s Glory is Christ! We see JESUS as the...
1. WORD: God Spoke - how? When, Where.. He was speaking LONG before the written Word. He STILL speaks today. AS A
2. PROPHET: Prophets - many; now just one final prophet. Himself in the flesh!
3. Heir - Control of ALL
4. Reflects God - not likeness - GOD - Suns Rays show the radiance of Sun - so the SON shows radiance of God - Jn 1:14
5. Is God - Col 2:9
6. PRIEST: Not in a since of being a connection to God, but in truth as God
7. CREATOR: In the beginning… CREATOR SUSTAINER NOW! Holding and directing the UNIVERSE, not keeping it afloat… not on his shoulders but carrying around with him.
8. GRACE - Propitiation - Nothing Earned
9. KING: NOW and always…. Alpha and Omega - "I AM"
John 1:14 - "So the Word became human and lived here on earth among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen His glory, the glory of the only Son of the Father."
Colossians 2:9 - "For in Christ the fullness of God lives in a human body…"