Summary: How many want God blessing on our life!
God’s Gracious Hand
Text: Ezra 7:9-10
Last week looked at how King David had made up his mind that he was going to walk
through the valley’s of life, even through the life would even mean he had to walk through
the valley of the shadow of death or the darkest valley and he could do this because:
1) He knew valleys would be a part of life!
2) He knew there was One called the Shepherd and He was "My Shepherd" that was going to lead, guide and protect him!
3) He had everything he needed, and it was not in things, But in the great King of Kings!
"I shall want" "I got all I need" it’s in My Shepherd!
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
We seen that we need physically rest and spiritually rest, and I lightly touched on the
need for the Word of God as food for the spirit man!
"Green pastures" FOOD! Not Mc, Wendy, Subway I not talking about food for the body
But food for the spirit-man! Which is the Word of God?
How many want the blessing of God on our life?
a. Peace, joy, contentment, health and prosperity!
Or in other words how many want "God’s Gracious hand" on our life!
I want us to look at the life of Ezra an O.T. scribe and priest who had come to know
"God’s gracious hand on his life!
Text: Ezra 7:9-10
Several times in the book of Ezra we read that God’s gracious hand was firmly upon Ezra!
I don’t know about you, but just like I seen how King David said or sang "Even through I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil!
I want to be able sing "The Lord Gracious hand is upon my life"
How many want to know what caused God’s gracious hand to be on Ezra?
And how many know that God’s hand is credited with God’s blessing, strengthen, protection and guidance in Ezra’s life! And God want the same for you and I!
Read Ezra 7:6, 28, 8:18, 22, 32 let turn to Neh. 2:18 Psa. 37: 23-24
The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.
Jn. 10: 28-29 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.
I don’t know about you but from the scriptures we just read I want, I need, I got to have
God’s gracious hand on my life! How about you!
All right! Toady text Ezra 7: 9-10 let turn back there if you’re not there, because it reveals Precious insights into why this man of God Ezra enjoyed such tremendous provisions and Success!
How many know what God has done for Ezra He will do for you! 2x Do You believe that?
And if we say we do, we will not only want to be hearer of what God’s about to reveal through this verse but be doers!
If you not taking notes you should be, because you not going to remember all this! All right you ready! Let’s pray, let pray in the spirit as the Holy Ghost lead us!
1. For insight to reama of the Word of God!
2. For a renewed passion for the Word of God! Reverence!
3. For forgiveness for lack of reading, studying of God’s Word!
4. For conformation of the Word of God through signs and wonders, healing, deliverances
5. For fresh impartations of infilling of the Holy Ghost as we yield our lives to God’s control in every area of our lives!
6. For a out-pouring of the Holy Ghost for those who haven’t yet been baptized by Jesus the baptizer!
Oh come on let praise Him for His Word! Read text again Ezra 7:9-10
"For Ezra set his heart"
A) To begin Ezra’s whole life and ministry revolved around a resolute commitment to the Word of God! 2x
Resolute Commitment: Meaning:
Resolute: determined; firm; bold Commitment: hand over for safekeeping, as to a doctor, perform, do, bind, involve
Oneself in any course of action, a pledge
1. He didn’t treat the scriptures lightly, but held them in high regards, enough to focus his full energies upon it!
" A resolute commitment to the Word of God"
Now think about that for a moment what does this mean?
a. Ezra based his decision on the Word of God!