Summary: Because Christ is a righteous Judge, your sin must be forsaken or it will be judged.
I. Be involved in uprooting arrogant pride from your heart! v. 1-4
A. Arrogant pride continues to rule in man’s heart (2-4).
1. Problem #1 – A pursuit for security through disobedience.
2. Problem #2 – A passion for greatness through personal pride.
B. Humble obedience to God must rule in man’s heart.
1. Don’t plant seeds of evil in your heart!
2. Don’t give the devil a foothold!
II. Be active in bringing glory to Him! v. 5-8
A. God’s command was clear! (9:1)
B. Man’s disobedience was clear! (5-6)
1. The Lord is active in His creation. 2. The Lord will restrain man’s evil.
III. Be an eternal memorial for His glory. v. 7-9
A. God dispersed the nation because man was being lifted up. (7-8)
1. He cuts back the progression of sin.
2. He establishes a memorial that He rules.
B. God will bring nations together because Christ is being lifted up. (Rev. 7:9-10)
1. People of every nation will be brought together.
2. People of every nation will worship Him.