Summary: Many times people ask the question, "Why am I here, what is the purpose of my life, what is the meaning of life or what has God done for me personally"? Well in this sermon outline we point out 10 provisions God has provided to give you real purpose and m
God's plan and design for your life.
Many times people ask the question, "Why am I here, what is the purpose of my life, what is the meaning of life or what has God done for me personally"? Well in this sermon outline we point out 10 provisions God has provided to give you real purpose and meaning for your life.
I. First and most important is the Grace of God.
Ephesians 2:8 (KJV) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
1. We do not buy our salvation it is the gift of God.
2. It is not a gift 'from' but the gift 'of' God.
a. God is in His Salvation.
II. Paid for with the blood of Jesus.
1 Peter 1:18-19 (KJV) 18 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; 19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
1. Because God paid in full for our redemption we can be justified.
Romans 5:9 (KJV) Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
III. His gospel and His righteousness
Romans 1:16 (KJV) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
1. The Gospel is for all people.
2. We should never be ashamed of Him. He is not ashamed of us.
Luke 9:26 (KJV) For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.
3. He makes us righteousness. 2 Corinthians 5:21 (KJV) For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
IV. Sinners can be saved.
Romans 6:23 (KJV) For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Acts 16:30-31 (KJV) 30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
V. All may repent, all have sinned.
Romans 3:23-25 (KJV) 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
Luke 13:2-5 (KJV) 2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things? 3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. 4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? 5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
1. Everyone can come. John 6:37 (KJV) All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
2. He is not respecter of persons. Acts 10:34 (KJV) Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
3. I love that old hymn 'These is room at the Cross for you'.
VI. He wants us to have a positive confession. We need to confess His promises, His Word.
Romans 10:9-10 (KJV) 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
1. Our standing before God is what He says.
2. We can have what He has promised us.
3. He will create the fruit of our lips.
Isaiah 57:19 (KJV) I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him.
VII. His plan is for us to be baptized.
Matthew 28:19 (KJV) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: