Summary: What Christ did for us on the cross brought joy to our God and Saviour. It was not the suffering but the fact He was give us a new and better way. It was the LOVE OF GOD. In this outline we share a few of the acts of God’s wonderful love to us.
GOD’S WAY IS THE BEST WAY!
What Christ did for us on the cross brought joy to our God and Saviour. It was not the suffering but the fact He was give us a new and better way. It was the LOVE OF GOD. In this outline we share a few of the acts of God’s wonderful love to us.
Heb 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.
Heb 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
I. How can you find joy in cross?
A. Think back when you saw the ’Passion of the Christ’ and when Jesus faced the cross I like to thing He looked to one side and saw the past. What did He really see?
1. He saw Abel meeting God’s standard in his obedience.
- Heb 11:4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
- Heb 11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated
him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
a. This is what we want more than any thing to one day hear "Well Done"
- Heb 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
b. We can see the anti-Christ forces. Are we moving in the faith of Christ?
B. I believe Jesus say all of the faithful who perished with our seeing the promise.
- Heb 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
- Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
- Heb 11:32 And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets.
- Heb 11:33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,
- Heb 11:34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.
- Heb 11:35 Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:
- Heb 11:36 And others had trial of cruel mocking and scourging, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment: .
- Heb 11:37 They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;
- Heb 11:38 (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.
II. They were not perfect, but Jesus could look back into the past and see all these from Heb. 11 had a good report.
- Heb 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
A. He was soon to go to Paradise and would preach to them and lead ‘captivity captive.
III. Then I like to thing that He looked on the other side of the cross and that through His atoning death that God was going to provide a better thing for us.
- Heb 11:40 God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.
A. That better thing was Himself. (John 14:6 KJV) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
1. He is not a way. HE IS THE WAY!
2. He is not a truth. HE IS THE TRUTH!
3. He is not a life. HE IS THE LIFE!
(John 3:16 KJV) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
(Rom 5:8 KJV) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.