Summary: In our Christian lives we need God's Word Believing, Acting and Confessing the Word.It will bring the blessings of God.!
God's Word Believing, Acting and Confessing!
I. Believing God's Word
- Acts 27:25 Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me.
A. We should not just look at circumstances. Do not just look at the mountain. Look also to the promises of God!
- 23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
- 24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
B. God can make a way where there is no way. Look at the children of Israel as they left Egypt.
C. We need to see our mountain as God's sees them
1. We then must remember where He has called us to sit.
- Eph 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
2. This is our position in Christ.
II. Acting on God's Word!
- Luke 5:5 And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.
A. Do not look at natural circumstances.
B. People first looked to himself. Then he looked to the Lord and acted on His Word.
C. The Result was a great harvest.
1. We can do so much more when we look to Him rather than our own abilities.
D. Peter walking on the water, feeding the multitudes, doing the impossible.
III. Believing and Acting on the Word Brings Salvation and Blessing.
- Acts 16:30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
- Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Acts 16:32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house. Acts 16:33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway. Acts 16:34 And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.
A. Meeting teenagers on the street in Australia, I gave my testimony and all 6 prayed the sinner's prayer on the sidewalk and brought their family to the crusade and all were converted to Christ. A church was planted.
B. Caretaker in Greece was won to Christ hearing visitors saying Acts 16:31 as they entered the ruins of Paul's prison. And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
IV. We can send the Word!
- Matt 8:9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I
say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh;
and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.
A. The Word has Authority.
B. We send the Word as we pray the Word of God.
C. Our prayers need to always be mixed with the Word!
D. The Word of God is the Will of God and the Word tells us in 1 John 5:14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: 15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
V. We need to speak the Word!
- Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and
in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
A. When we say what God says we are speaking the Word of Faith.
1. Nothing is more powerful than that.
- Hebrews. 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
God bless you and yours!