Summary: Gods Word, the Bible, is the fertilizer its talking about, *because there is life in it *there is sustenance in it *it has a proven track record of producing record breaking results! Amen?
Gods Word, "Miracle Grow For Your Soul"
Mark 11:12-14 NKJ
12. Now the next day, when they had come out from Bethany, He was hungry. 13. And seeing from afar a fig tree having leaves, He went to see if perhaps He would find something on it. When He came to it, He found nothing but leaves, for it was not the season for figs.
14. In response Jesus said to it, “Let no one eat fruit from you ever again.”
Luke 13:6-9 NKJ
6. He also spoke this parable: “A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard, and he came seeking fruit on it and found none.
7. Then he said to the keeper of his vineyard, ‘Look, for three years I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree and find none. Cut it down; why does it use up the ground?’
8. But he answered and said to him, ‘Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and fertilize it.
9. And if it bears fruit, well. But if not, after that you can cut it down.’”
Here we have two different parables with the same common theme, the fruitless fig tree.
Neither tree was giving sustenance for life, Jesus cursed the 1st tree and it was finished.
The second one, it had an advantage over the 1st one, it was in a vineyard, planted in good soil, but it still yielded no crop of fruit and the man decided to give it one more chance.
Jesus was straight to the point, the man however was willing to continue on doing the same thing, with a slight twist.
He would cultivate and fertilize it.
Sometimes were the same way in our spiritual lives, we’ve been doing the same old thing for so long and it hasn’t worked yet,
It didn’t work for our ancestors, or for their ancestors either, but somehow we think if we give it just one more try, it will work for us!
Ill. Their was a tree at home and it looked kind of brown and dying this spring and we just kept thinking,
Well maybe it will come out of it, maybe it was feeling the repercussions of winter and it would green up soon.
But upon further investigation, we discovered it had died, there would be no chance for life again,
The decision was an easy one, cut it down
The moment it hit the ground, we discovered the reason why it had died,
Bags worms, bag worms had sucked the life right out of it,
oh they start out slow, but once their associated with a tree, unless the two part ways, one will surely die.
It’s the same way in our spiritual lives, the people we associate with, wether we admit it or not, influence the outcome of our lives.
They may not be killing us physically, but spiritually the relationships that we have,
sometimes can keep us from bearing fruit, or growing in our walk, or receiving the miracle we are praying about.
Tim’s sister Susan Smith, when she was diagnosed with Cancer, she didn’t want just anyone praying for her, she didn't want anyone that didn’t believe in the 100% possibility of her be totally healed and restored.
Why would you want anyone praying and believing for your need to be met, that wasn’t?