Summary: This outline shares how the Bible, the Word of God is important for our daily life. It is the read map for our life here on earth and it will lead us to heaven.
God's Word the plan for today.
- Matt 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
- Ps 119:89 For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. .
I. The Word is written on Nature
- Ps 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. .
II. It is written on our conscience
- Rom 2:15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;) .
III. It was written on tables of stone.
- Ex 24:12 And the LORD said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them. .
IV. The entire scriptures make you able to believe the Full Gospel.
- Rom 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. .
V. Christ is the Illustrated Living Word.
- John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. .
A. He is the Word in action
1. His love.
2. His ministry.
3. His miracles.
4. His live.
- Ps 107:20 He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions. .
- John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
B. His words are spirit and life.
VI. Written on the heart.
- Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: . Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. . Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more. Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away. .
VII. The outward Christian life are living Epistles
- 2 Cor 3:2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: . 2 Cor 2:3 And I wrote this same unto you, lest, when I came, I should have sorrow from them of whom I ought to rejoice; having confidence in you all, that my joy is the joy of you all.
A. The reason ministers teach the Word is given in:
- Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: - Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
- Eph 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
- Eph 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
- Eph 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.
VIII. This is why Paul told Timothy to PREACH THE WORD!
- 2 Tim. 4:1: I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
- 2 Tim. 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
- 2 Tim. 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;