Summary: Religion cannot save you no matter how zealous you are, only a relationship with God!
God Set Israel Aside Because:
1) They did not Listen to Him. Vs. 2
Truth: For a Jew, your whole life revolves around your religion.
Key: Religion cannot save you no matter how zealous you are, only a relationship with God!
2) They tried to save themselves by good works. Vs. 3-4
Salvation by Subtraction.
Salvation by Service.
Truth: Christ is the fulfillment of the law.
3) They misunderstood the purpose of the Law. Vs. 5-7
Truth: “It is finished” = “Paid in Full”.
Question: What is the purpose of the Law?
Vs. 8 “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming:” (NIV)
Truth: Salvation is available to all!
4) They heard the Good News but did not accept Him. Vs. 16-19
Paul Ask Two Questions:
Vs. 18 “Did they not hear? Of course they did:”
Vs. 19 “Did Israel not understand?”
Who then can be Saved:
1) The Possibility of Salvation. Vs. 9-10
Confessing with your mouth…
And Believing in your heart.
Question: How can you tell if a religion is true or false?
2) The Availability of Salvation. Vs. 11-13
3) The Responsibility of Salvation. Vs. 14-15
There are Two things you cannot do in Heaven:
Question: Aren’t you glad some told you about Jesus?