Summary: I. EXORDIUM: Please raise your hands if you're a farmer or one who understands garden soil II. AUDIENCE PROFILE: General believers III. OBJECTIVES: To convince them to bear fruits. IV. TEXT: Matthew 13:23: The seeds that fell on good
Please raise your hands if you're a farmer or one who understands garden soil
II. AUDIENCE PROFILE:
To convince them to bear fruits.
The seeds that fell on good ground are the people who hear and understand the message. They produce as much as a hundred or sixty or thirty times what was planted.
That GOD will make our hearts a fertile soil, like a garden soil fertile to bear much fruits.
Bear fruits if you're a good (garden) soil
GOOD SOIL BEARTS FRUIT PART 2
As he was walking along, he saw Levi, the son of Alphaeus, sitting at the tax collector's desk. Jesus told him, "Follow me!" So Levi got up and followed him.
Philip and Bartholomew; Thomas and Matthew the tax collector; James, the son of Alphaeus, and Thaddaeus;
B. Audience: to the Jews
C. Keywords: Fulfilled
D. Purpose: To show Jesus of Nazareth was the Kingly Messiah of Jewish Prophecy.
Tax collector, a publican.
A Jew prohibited to enter courts of non-Jew to deliver the collected tax to the Roman (non-Jews). His profession made him a sinner.
"Depart! Depart! Go out from there; touch no unclean thing; go out from the midst of her; purify yourselves, you who carry the vessels of the LORD.
Therefore, "Get away from them and separate yourselves from them," declares the Lord, "and don't touch anything unclean. Then I will welcome you.
"Don't handle this! Don't taste or touch that!"
"but as for the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the garden, God has said, 'You are not to eat from it, nor are you to touch it, or you will die.'"
He told them, "You understand how wrong it is for a Jew to associate or visit with a gentile. But God has shown me that I should stop calling anyone common or unclean,
They said, "You went to uncircumcised men and ate with them!"
The Samaritan woman asked him, "How can you, a Jew, ask for a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?" Because Jews do not have anything to do with Samaritans.
Events that will make Matthew unclean or a sinner:
1. Matthew will touch the money of the people.
2. Often thought of him stealing money, or adding charges to the people that will go straight to his pocket.
3. He will enter Roman courts to deliver the money.
4. He might be probably advised to eat with them if he has a good tax collection that day.
5. Touch unclean hands of the Romans.
VIII. MAIN BODY:
A. Four Types of Soil:
1. Hard Path = accepts the good news but don't understand it. (Matthew 13:19)
The seeds that fell along the road are the people who hear the message about the kingdom, but don't understand it. Then the evil one comes and snatches the message from their hearts.
a. Make sure you understand - listen carefully. (Matthew 13:15)
- Ask questions
- Gather knowledge and facts
- Attend and listen carefully to worship services, bible studies, fellowships, trainings available in the church, bible school.
- Attend religiously and regularly
- Exert effort to study and learn from GOD.
- If not, the devil will steal it from you
- Don't sleep in services, sleep in other places not in church.
All of them have stubborn minds! Their ears are stopped up, and their eyes are covered. They cannot see or hear or understand. If they could, they would turn to me, and I would heal them."
2. Rocky Soil = accepts the good news but don't stay long (Matthew 13:20-21)
Mat 13:20 The seeds that fell on rocky ground are the people who gladly hear the message and accept it right away.
Mat 13:21 But they don't have deep roots, and they don't last very long. As soon as life gets hard or the message gets them in trouble, they give up.
Everyone who has something will be given more. But people who don't have anything will lose even what little they have.
Obey God's message! Don't fool yourselves by just listening to it.
3. Thorny Ground = crowded with cares of this life and lure of wealth (Matthew 13:22)