Summary: Is your spiritual life kind of dull, dry, and boring? Do you yearn for something more? God wants to show you great and mighty things. He is inviting you. Will you answer the call?
GREAT AND MIGHTY THINGS!
The Prophet Jeremiah
1. GOD HAS PLANS FOR YOU!
Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not for calamity, to give you a hope and a future
* God has plans for you. What kind of plans?
A). Plans to Prosper you.
Years ago, Margo, the Sunday School teacher of our young couples class prayed for each of us individually. When she came to me she began to ask God to prosper me. She prayed that He would prosper me financially, spiritually, and physically. I appreciated that prayer greatly and God has certainly blessed me in each way more than I could ever have dreamed.
I was preaching a revival once and my throat became dry as I was passionately preaching God's Word. A guy I knew brought a cup of water to the pulpit. As he walked away, I said "Thank you and may your tribe increase!"
He quickly said, "I got 4 kids, Lord, ignore what he just said."
God desires to prosper you in ways you've never even thought about. Do you want to prosper?
B). Plans to Protect you- “not for calamity”.
You need to be aware of something today. The Devil wants to destroy you!!!
I Peter 5:8 “Be sober and vigilant, for your adversary the Devil, prowls around like a roaring lion seeking whom he may devour.”
(1) Satan is your Adversary. The Devil hates God. He hates you. He wants to destroy you and every fingerprint of God in your life. He doesn’t just want to kill you, he wants to make your every living moment miserable.
(2) Satan is like a Roaring Lion- He roars in the night to put you in great fear. He wants to control you. He wants you too scared to step out and serve God. He wants you too scared to do anything at all. He knows he can control you through fear. And a believer who lives in fear is one who lives in defeat.
(3) He wants to devour you. He wants to destroy your life. Your family. Your ministry. Your spiritual life. He wants to keep you from God and all the good things He desires for you.
** God desires to Restore to you everything Satan has taken from you.
God loves you! God wants to give you abundant life.
He wants you to have the best! He wants to replace your fear with courage.
And the Bible says “Perfect love casts out fear.”
Is the Devil trying to tear your marriage apart?
Grab hold of God. He wants to restore to you the love you once had.
Has your spiritual life been dry as a desert? He wants to burst forth a spring of life to refresh you!
He wants to protect you from the attacks of the Devil, but you have to decide what camp you are in!
WHAT KIND OF PLANS DOES GOD HAVE FOR YOU?
A) To Prosper you
B) To Protect you
C). To Give you a Hope-
** In the struggles of life.... Marriage, finances, family, work. He wants to help you overcome those struggles.
* In the struggle of death.... He wants to give you a home in Heaven when you leave this world.
D). To Give you a Future.
** God’s Abundant Grace is reaching out to you to cleanse you from all sins and unrighteousness. God wants to give you a fresh start. A clean slate.
** God wants to rid you of your mistakes you have made in your past.
** You need to be aware of something. As a believer, God is not concerned about your past. He is concerned with your present and your future.
** The Devil is the one reminding you of your past.
He does this to control you and make you live in defeat.
He will remind you of all your past sins and failures in order to destroy your future.
** Let me give you some free advice!!!The next time the Devil reminds you of your past, remind him of his future!
**God has great and mighty plans for you! The question remains, though, Will you join Him and see the beautiful plans He has for your life?
2. GOD HAS THE POWER TO ACCOMPLISH HIS PLANS FOR YOU!
Jeremiah 32:27 “Behold! I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for Me?”
** God is asking a rhetorical question here. The question is asked but the answer is obvious.
** God had proven His Power in the past and proven His faithfulness.
God was telling them that NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR HIM.
** AND GOD HAS PLANS FOR YOU!!! and God desires to accomplish great and mighty things in your life.