Summary: The assurances we have from God the father, God the Son, and God The Holy Spirit.
The Great Assurances of the Triune God Romans 8:22-27
What we believe as A Triune God UMC –
There is but one living and true God, everlasting, without body or parts, of infinite power, wisdom, and goodness; the maker and preserver of all things, both visible and invisible. And in unity of this Godhead there are three persons, of one substance, power, and eternity -- the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
1. Great Assurances’ we have in God (God The Father)
We believe in the one true, holy and living God, Eternal Spirit, who is Creator, Sovereign and Preserver of all things visible and invisible. He is infinite in power, wisdom, justice, goodness and love, God reveals himself as the Trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, distinct but inseparable, eternally one in essence and power.
• One Assurance of God is. God’s Love for us . God love us so much he sent his son to be sin offering for our mistakes sins, indiscretions, transgressions, misbehaviors vs 3 God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering.
• Another assurance of God is we are God children we are adopted children as if we were His very own 14because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God , but you received the Spirit of son ship.G And by him we cry, "Abba,H Father." 16The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. 17Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of Go
• Another Assurance of God is God always has our back 28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him?
• If God is for us, who can be against us? 3233
• Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34Who is he that condemns? . 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,M neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
2. The next Great assurances we have are found in Jesus Christ (God the Son)
We believe in Jesus Christ, truly God and truly man, in whom the divine and human natures are perfectly and inseparably united. He is the eternal Word made flesh, the only begotten Son of the Father, born of the Virgin Mary. As ministering Servant he lived, suffered and died on the cross. He was buried, rose from the dead and ascended into heaven to be with the Father, from whence he shall return. He is eternal Savior and Mediator, who intercedes for us, and by him all men will be judged.
• In Jesus Christ we have no accusers no one can attack, no one can blame, like the woman caught in the act of adultery 81Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus He set me free from the law of sin and death.
• In Jesus Christ I have been on trial and found not guilty 34Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died--more than that, who was raised to life--is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. In Jesus Christ I have found it is written Nothing seperates us from His love 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."L
• In Jesus Christ my spirit is not to be subjected to death . 10But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness. . 11And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.
3. The Final great assurance we have is in the Holy Spirit (God the Holy Spirit)
We believe in the Holy Spirit who proceeds from and is one in being with the Father and the Son. He convinces the world of sin, of righteousness and of judgment. He leads men through faithful response to the gospel into the fellowship of the Church. He comforts, sustains and empowers the faithful and guides them into all truth.
• The Holy Spirit is our comforter He Calms my storms, He relaxes me when tormentors arise sickness, diagnoses 6The mind of sinful manE is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace;