Summary: Keys to growing Spiritually in 2010. Key factors that will make you a better Christian in 2010
• We discussed last week that this is the year of God’s completeness of order. Today we need to make the 1st steps to ensure we meet our God Goals we set last week. Our goals can be met when we grow spiritually.
• Salvation is just the beginning of a relationship with God.
• After coming to faith in Christ Jesus, a person should develop a deeper friendship with the Father, learn more spiritual truth, and serve the Lord.
• Faith in action brings the manifestation.
• No matter how long a believer has been saved, your life should be characterized by spiritual growth. Your relationship should grow and flourish. You should be closer to Jesus today then you were yesterday!
• The key to set everything in order is our relationship with Jesus. If our relationship is out of order, so will be your life. Your growth is stunted when your relationship is out of whack.
• Our life should revolve around Jesus. The Kingdom!
• Today we will look at a few steps we can take to grow spiritually and strengthen our relationship with Jesus.
(NKJV) Psalm 139 1 O LORD, You have searched me and known me. 2 You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. 3 You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. 4 For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O LORD, You know it altogether.
1) We must place focus on our relationship with Jesus.
a) We must petition God on a regular basis to examine our lives and reveal His perspective.
(NKJV) Psalm 139 17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! 18 If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; When I awake, I am still with You.
i) God will show us relationships that aren’t right, areas where we are no longer growing, and distractions that hinder our walk with Him.
b) We must determine in our mind not to sin and strain our relationship with the Father. Obedience to His Word will bring us the blessings in our life.
c) The Lord desires to reveal our weaknesses so that we will walk more righteously.
(NKJV) Job 23 10 But He knows the way that I take; When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold.
2) There is Order to Spiritual Growth.
a) Shout….I will be humble.
i) We need both a willingness to look within and the light of the Holy Spirit to reveal positive and negative aspects of our character. Be willing to change.
b) Shout…I will be honest with myself.
i) The Spirit of God shows us the truth about ourselves.
(NKJV) 1 Corinthians 2 10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.
ii) When He brings something to the surface, don’t rationalize your sin or make excuses for your behavior.
c) Shout…Lord Jesus, I will be patient.