Summary: Abraham and Sarah host the Angel of the Lord and learn about their relationship with the Father.
• Laura and I are almost always on a diet or considering one.
• We are doing pretty good this time, but I have been really struggling lately.
• I found a health website that I really like, but since I begin reading and following the advice, my weight is not coming off.
• As a matter of fact, I seem to be gaining. I don’t know why.
• But that doesn’t damper my enthusiasm about these new eating rules.
• Let me share some with you.
• Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?
• A: You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does a cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So a steak is nothing more than an efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. While beef is also a good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable, a pork chop can give you 100% of your recommended daily allowance of all vegetable products.
• Q: Aren’t fried foods bad for you?
• A: YOU’RE NOT LISTENING!!!... Foods are fried these days in vegetable oil. In fact, they’re permeated in it. How could getting more vegetables be bad for you?
• Q: Is chocolate bad for me?
• A: Are you crazy? HELLO . Cocoa beans! Another vegetable!!! It’s the best feel-good food around!
• Q: I’ve heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life; is this true?
• A: Your heart is only good for so many beats, and that’s it... don’t waste them on exercise. Everything wears out eventually. Speeding up your heart will not make you live longer; that’s like saying you can extend the life of your car by driving it faster. Want to live longer? Take a nap.
• Q: Is swimming good for your figure?
• A: If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me.
• Tonight we are going to watch Abraham and Sarah fix a meal for the Lord. (prayer)
Gen 18:1 And the LORD appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre, as he sat at the door of his tent in the heat of the day.
• A normal day, finished the chores of caring for the livestock and instructing the servants.
• Sit and rest in the heat of the day.
Gen 18:2-3 He lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, three men were standing in front of him. When he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them and bowed himself to the earth 3 and said, "O Lord, if I have found favor in your sight, do not pass by your servant.
• Suddenly, in the slowness of this day, there were three men.
• Verse 1 tells us who it was (The Lord appeared to him).
• He recognized Him and went into action.
• He left his tent and bowed before the Lord.
• He then asked, “Can you stay and visit a while?”
• If you have followed me in Facebook or read my blog, you know God has been speaking to me about this very strongly in the last two weeks.
• God loves us and loves for us to just visit with Him.
• This is why our private devotional time is so important and how it become so precious.