Summary: Salvation in reverse gear
Have you got Beautiful feet?
Audio and slides at
Intro- We are on the move......
* “We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us” Winston Churchill
* How will the cinema shape us?
* Growth in numbers- visit screen 9
* Growth in responsibilities
* Growth in catchment area
* A different “feel”?
* Turning the church in an evangelistic direction (cf the Acts series)
* “Now those who were scattered went about preaching the word.” Acts 8:4
Salvation in reverse gear
There’s nothing I can do
* The point is: There is nothing Israel did to make this happen. Paul puts the earthly life of Christ and the risen life of Christ in the place of our obedience to the commandments.”
* God gives us riches freely with no strings attached
Who you gonna call?
* “Phone a friend”
* A man who died 2000 years ago 2000 miles away
* A man who died that we might live
* The Lord of heaven and earth
* Call the manufacturers helpline
* For ALL of life’s problems
* Heart and mouth
Somebody to trust
* “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” Eph 2:8-10
* Raise your hopes- dare to trust him
* Faith doesn’t stop at conversion but is the foundation for all Christian living
Wrap his words around you
* Hearing Gods word brings faith- listen to as much good preaching as possible
* Preaching is the Christian’s air- our first breath is critical, but no more so than each subsequent
* Read bible aloud at home, and pray it
* LISTEN right:- heart and mind
* “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock.” (Mt 7:24)
Pappa please preach
* Word of faith: not just about learning truths
* “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes” Romans 1:16
* Pray for the preachers and be a “preacher” to ones and twos
* Share your story or invite people to come
* God’s sovereignty and man’s responsibility entwined
* Foundational for church life
We are on a mission from God
* Sending applies to us ALL
* Sent to the UGC to bring God’s word
* Sent to the workplace, the school, the home
* God gives purpose to our lives
* What better joy than bringing Good news?
* “I’m just a nobody who wants to tell everybody that there is somebody who can save anybody.” A Blogger
* Its all for his glory- it really is all about him more even than about the lost
Have you got beautiful feet?
* Cry for God’s help
* Trust Jesus
* Listen to Gods word
* Share the good news
* Go where he sends us
* Evangelism exists to create more worshippers
* “Its all about you, Jesus”