Summary: We must have a clear vision from God in order to stand strong
Pro 29:18 Where there is no prophetic vision the people cast off restraint, but blessed is he who keeps the law.
Psa_33:12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people whom he has chosen as his heritage!
I. Take a Stand (v.1)
-We do not take a stand because we do not see a need or threat that would cause us to be diligently watching.
- Eph_6:12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
- There is always a threat
- Satan threatens us by telling us there is no hope
- The words of God will never happen
- We have nothing to hope in
- Psa_33:18 Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear him, on those who hope in his steadfast love,
II. Wait for the appointed time (v.3)
- Gal 6:9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
- David had to wait to be King and went through many trial along the way
III. Remember who is in charge (v.4)
- Dan 10:12 Then he said to me, "Fear not, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand and humbled yourself before your God, your words have been heard, and I have come because of your words.
- Dan 10:13 The prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days, but Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I was left there with the kings of Persia,
- Dan 10:14 and came to make you understand what is to happen to your people in the latter days. For the vision is for days yet to come."
- God always accomplishes His will (v.14)
- Isa 55:11 so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.
Rev_21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more