Summary: There are plenty of charlatans who have used the message of God’s healing for selfish gain. There are plenty of hypocrites who have preached the message of healing. Because of this, there are many who refuse to believe in healing. In our text, there was a
HEALED IN SPITE OF IT ALL
I. HEALED IN SPITE OF THE PRESS
A. JUDAS WAS IN THAT CROWD
1. There are times when people allow a Judas to keep them from receiving God’s best.
2. They get their eyes focused on some hypocrite rather than focusing on Jesus.
3. There are a lot of Judases in the crowd that preaches the message of God’s healing.
4. There are plenty of charlatans who have used this message for selfish gain.
5. There are plenty of hypocrites who have preached the message of healing.
6. Because of this, there are many who refuse to believe in healing.
7. There was a major hypocrite between this woman and Jesus.
8. But, she pressed past Judas.
9. Sometimes there’s a Judas who is closer to Jesus than you are.
10. Unless you get past him, you can’t get to Jesus.
B. OTHER SEEKERS WERE IN THAT CROWD
1. None of the others got healed.
2. This is obvious from the fact that Jesus took note of this one touch.
3. Because there were so many that didn’t get healed, she could have said, "I was fooling myself to think that God would heal me…"
4. She could have easily given up based on the odds.
5. The ODDS (based on the crowd) were, she wasn’t going to get healed.
6. The obvious odds were that she would be just like everyone else in that crowd.
7. But, she didn’t pay attention to the odds, she paid attention to faith!
C. DOUBTING THOMAS WAS IN THAT CROWD
1. Thomas didn’t believe anything unless he saw it first.
2. Thomas had to see the nail prints in Jesus’ hands before he would believe.
3. Thomas wouldn’t believe that Jesus was resurrected unless he saw and handled Him.
4. There are many who are like Thomas in the healing crowd.
5. They deny that any healings take place.
6. They are skeptical of any evidence.
7. They are critical of those who claim to have been healed.
8. If you want to press in to receive healing, you have to press past the Doubting Thomases.
II. HEALED IN SPITE OF THE PROGRAM
A. THE PROGRAM WAS TO RAISE JAIRUS DAUGHTER
1. The Lord was going a different direction at the time.
2. There was a mighty move of God taking place.
3. Jesus was on his way to raise the dead!
4. She was outside the program.
5. It seemed that she was just an onlooker.
B. SOME SAY THAT HEALING WAS ONLY FOR THE PAST
1. Some claim it ended with the 12 apostles of Christ.
2. To hear some pentecostals tell it, you would think that it ended with a healing wave that took place in the 1950’s.
3. Today the emphasis is on other things!
4. Today we want to "build small groups" as though that is the "cure all" for the church’s problems.
5. Today we have a different direction that the church is headed.
6. But, you can still touch God and be healed in spite of that!
7. You just need what this woman had.
8. Verse 34 says, "…thy FAITH hath made thee whole…"
III. HEALED IN SPITE OF THE PREJUDICES
A. SHE DIDN’T BELONG IN THIS CROWD
1. She was unclean.
2. She belonged among the unclean.
3. She did not belong in the crowd next to Jesus.
4. She was taking a chance on being recognized when she went to Jesus.
5. One of the physicians who had worked on her could have recognized her as unclean.
6. Have you ever gone somewhere and felt out of place?
7. Have you ever wondered what people would think if they found out that you don’t normally dress that expensively?
8. That’s part of what this woman felt that day as she pressed in to touch the hem of His garment.
B. THE CROWD OF HUMANITY CAN’T HEAL YOU
1. Being a Pastor doesn’t bring healing to my body!
2. Being a Christian for 25 years doesn’t bring healing to my body!
3. The crowd I run with can’t heal me!
4. I need a different crowd!
5. I need the presence of Jesus! (Can I have a good Amen?)
6. Me and Jesus, that’s all the crowd I need for healing!
7. He’s the great Physician!
8. My crowd of friends hasn’t paid for my healing, JESUS PAID FOR IT!
C. A CROWD OF DOCTORS CAN’T HEAL YOU
1. I don’t need to press in with the doctors as much as I need to press in with Jesus!
2. My wife and my mother are both in the medical profession.
3. I have a number of friends who are doctors, many of them are born again believers.