Summary: A healde heart is a happy heart. God wants to heal our damage emotions for us to enjoy life even in the midst of conflicts.
A lot of us have difficulty in relating to others because of hurts in our lives. These affects the way we communicate and also the way we handle ourselves. This is one reason why we intentionally or intentionally hurt others. Not until we are healed from our pains, we will always have difficulty in facing life. God’s desire and will is to heal us from our hurts as part of His plan in restoring us. However, we must be willing to let Him work in our life.
Life’s Realities ...
• Wounds in our heart take place when we allow Sin, Unresolved Past, Unforgiveness, discouragement , Feelings of Rejection control our lives. Hurts in our hearts will be revealed during conflicts in relationship and times of crisis.
• Jesus is near to the brokenhearted. He understands our pain. He is willing and able to heal and restore us.
• A healed heart will always result to a contented and joyful life. It makes us generous in every area of our lives. It enables us to handle conflicts in relationships properly.
• There is a connection between a healed heart and a positive attitude ( Proverbs 17:22 ).
• God has provided for our healing but we still have a choice if want it or not. If we decide to be restored then we must be willing to let Him have it His way.
Steps to Freedom our damaged emotions
A. Receive comfort from God by surrendering our hurts to Him.
B. Confront your past with God’s Forgiveness .
C. Refuse to believe that you are product of your past experiences.
D. Focus on your identity in Christ and build on it..
(Philippians 3:13-14; 4:13)
E. Choose not to be hurt when you are
offended by receiving and walking in the love of God.