Summary: King Josiah was used by God to raise Israel back to God. King Josiah’s heart was aflamed and he set his peoples hearts aflamned for God again
HEART TRANSFORMATION THROUGH THE WORD
Text: 2 Kings 22:1-23:30 by Pastor Daniel A. Reyes
Church: Masantol Christian Church
Address: Cupit San Nicolas Masantol Pampanga Philippines 2017
Email Address: email@example.com
The heart is very important organ of the physical body. It is sad to note down that many people neglect taking care of their heart (lack of exercise, no check-up, poor health habits, diet) and because of this different ailments have troubled many hearts. They neglect to take care of their hearts, ailments begin to creep in, and all of a sudden death!
I would say, it holds true in the spiritual realm. Many people have spiritual problems. Heart refers to the control center; what runs a person’s life. And people neglect their hearts (lack of exercise of obedience; and ailments creep in and all of a sudden …. Spiritual downfall!
Notice: Some of the heart problems described in the bible.
“He married them even though the LORD had commanded the Israelites not to intermarry with these people, because they would cause the Israelites to give their loyalty to other gods. Solomon married seven hundred princesses and also had three hundred concubines. They made him turn away from God, and by the time he was old they had led him into the worship of foreign gods. He was not faithful to the LORD his God, as his father David had been.” 1 Kings 11:2-4
• Solomon had a heart problem – a divided heart
Elijah went up to the people and said, "How much longer will it take you to make up your minds? If the LORD is God, worship him; but if Baal is God, worship him!" But the people didn’t say a word. 1 Kings 18:21
• There was a contest between Gods, God vs. false gods. Elijah and the priest of Baal were to put up 2 altars with a sacrifice of a bull on each of the altars and they would pray. Whichever sacrifice is taken up by fire, that’s the real God. Why? These was for the sake of the people whose hearts were divided.
Answer me, LORD, answer me, so that this people will know that you, the LORD, are God and that you are bringing them back to yourself." 1 Kings 18:37
• There hearts were far away from God.
The Lord said, "These people claim to worship me, but their words are meaningless, and their hearts are somewhere else. Their religion is nothing but human rules and traditions, which they have simply memorized. Isaiah 29:13
• Heart problems! They have self divided hearts, they thought they fooled God with their empty rituals. They failed to realize that God desires their full devotion; whole hearted obedience first.
Spiritual heart problem! The number 1 killer, maybe your heart has been sick for quite sometimes. You are maybe unaware of it. Have you had a spiritual check up lately?
Who can understand the human heart? There is nothing else so deceitful; it is too sick to be healed. Jeremiah 17:9
• The heart is deceitful. It has a way of fooling us, at times; we ourselves don’t know the real condition of our hearts. Yet!
• It is God who knows the secrets contents of our hearts “This is why the Psalmist prayed … search me O God, and know my heart; try me and know my anxious thoughts; and see if there be any deceitful way in me.” Psalm 139:23-24