Summary: ❶ What Qualifies You for Heaven ❷ The Gift of Heaven ❸ Heaven Is Our Home ❹ A Brand New Start ❺ What Difference Does Heaven Make?
15 Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put
eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end.
- 3 people die every second 180 every minute, and nearly 11,000 every hour
- That means 250,000 people every day go either to Heaven or Hell
- Max Payne a 3rd person shooter video game glorifying violence for Xbox 360 sold 7 million copies @ $50
- A Video game-to-movie adaptation called "Max Payne" A revenge tale
“I DON’T believe in heaven. I believe in pain, I believe in
fear, I believe in death"
People’s beliefs about life after death
- Stop existing
Poll - Are You going to Heaven?
US News & World Report
80% Believe in Heaven
55% going to Heaven
3% Hope so - Not sure
4% No-Going to hell
6% No- There is no heaven
❶ What Qualifies You for Heaven
Most Common Answers
- 2% I have never hurt anybody
- 5% I’ve tried to keep the 10 Commandments
- 8% I go to church
- 10% I believe in God
- 15% I’ve done the best I could
- 60% I’m basically a good person
TIME - Feb. 07, 2008 Christians Wrong About Heaven, Says Bishop Tom Wright of Church of England
- $12.79 Essential Travel Kit
Heavenly issued certificate of reservation registered in the Book of Light (with printed name)
• A First class ticket to Heaven. Why walk those stairs when you can fly?
• The Official Heaven Identification Card (laminated) so you can get around without getting hassled.
• Heaven 101 mini informational guide. Don’t be a victim of culture shock. Get acquainted with the land..
- $16.95 All Access Travel Kit
• “VIP exclusive areas” -including the Land of Milk and Honey
- Don Pipper 90 Minutes in Heaven
- Baptist Pastor
- 1 million copies in print. It is on the New York Times best seller list.
- 2 chapters on his experience in heaven remaining 16 chapters deal with Piper’s recovery — an ordeal that included 34 separate surgeries, and many life and spiritual lessons learned along the way.
- Stephen, Paul, and John, were alive when they were given a glimpse of the wonders of Heaven.
- Don Piper had to die to have his experience
- We are reading books that teach extra biblical & unbiblical ideas
❷ The Gift of Heaven
- We don’t earn or pay for gifts we receive gifts
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power (right privilege) to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
- When men are about to remove into another country, they are eager to catch the reports of those who have visited it, and if possible they visit beforehand to explore it.
- Escaped from all the sufferings of the present life; from sickness and pain
- Delivered from sin & death
- Delivered from the buffetings of Satan.
- Every wall of separation between them and God is taken down