Summary: Christmas Message
TITLE: HEAVENS HERALD OF HEALING
Before we begin to examine the birth of Jesus. I believe we need to go back several thousands of years before the birth of Christ.
Back to a place called the garden of Eden. A beautiful, floral, serene paradise. There co-existed a man and wife by the name of Adam and Eve. Life for them was pleasant, healthy, enjoyable, wonderful and vibrant. It was life as we all wish that it could be for us and our children.
However, Adam and Eve made a terrible decision to listen/ follow the lies of spiritual foe of God and man named satan.
As a result of their sins of Adam and Eve man fell from their position of spiritual purity and were expelled from the paradise of Eden.
Immense spiritual darkenss and spiritual void fell upon the Earth and mankind.
Temporary ways were employed by God such as animal sacrifices to cover their sin and later a law that would direct them in finding the will of God.
Yet, even with all of this God provided there was still spiritual darkness and void upon the world. More importantly, there was spiritual emptiness and hurt inside the souls of mankind.
Individuals were unable to heal his\her own hurt or spiritual void inside.
That's where the Christmas story really begins. It begins in a state of terrible darkness that continued until nearly 2,000 years.
Then something happened in the middle of all this gross darkness a light appeared, a Star.
Matthew 2:2 Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
Matthew 2:9 When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.
Matthew 2:10 When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.
Matthew 2:11 And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.
Luke 1:78 whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us,
Luke 1:79 To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.
PROP: JESUS CAME TO HEAL THE INCREDIBLE HURT OF THE WORLD.
I. A SAVIOR\HEALER BORN
Luke 2:8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
Luke 2:9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
Luke 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
Luke 2:12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
Luke 2:13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
Luke 2:14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
A. HEAVEN HERALDS AND INTRODUCES THE SAVIOR HEALER (ANNOUNCEMENT OF A KING)
1. The heavenly host sang a song of redemption.
2. The song of man's redemption had not been sang to man before this time.
3. I can imagine how the Lord told the angelic choir that this wonderful day was coming.
4. I can imagine how the angelic choir arranged a special song for this special day.
5. I can imagine the angelic choir inquiring as to when this day would come so that they could debut the song they had been diligently practicing.
6. I can imagine the Father telling them just a little longer.
7. I can imagine as that special night came as all of heaven saw the birth of our savior. The angelic choir lifting their voices to sing the song of redemption, "glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward man."
B. A GIFT GIVEN TO MANKIND AS A TOKEN OF GOD’S GOOD WILL. GOD SENT HIM TO DO GOOD
Acts 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
1. Jesus personified the good intentions that the Father had toward humanity.
2. God anointed Him with the power of the Holy Ghost to do good.