Summary: We can find hope in the promis that the God who helped, blessed, healed and did miracles in the past is the same God today and He wants to DO IT AGAIN... FOR YOU!
This sermon comes from an idea by Roger Griffith, He'll Do It Again but has my own spin
HE’LL DO IT AGAIN
Some people think God is like a genie in a bottle. You get 2 or 3 good wishes out of him and then it’s all over.
I’m here to tell you,
1. He’s no genie in a bottle.
2. He doesn’t run out of compassion and He’s not short on power! When you need His help, He’ll do it again.
IN THE BIBLE HE PROVED HE’LL DO IT AGAIN
A. AN OILWELL IN A JAR
1. GOD DID IT ONCE WITH THE WIDOW OF ZARAPHETH - (1 King 17:13-16) Elijah said to her, "Don’t be afraid. Go home and do as you have said. But first make a small cake of bread for me from what you have and bring it to me, and then make something for yourself and your son. For this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: `The jar of flour will not be used up and the jug of oil will not run dry until the day the LORD gives rain on the land.’" She went away and did as Elijah had told her. So there was food every day for Elijah and for the woman and her family. For the jar of flour was not used up and the jug of oil did not run dry, in keeping with the word of the LORD spoken by Elijah. (NIV)
2. GOD DID IT AGAIN WITH THE WIDOW OF BETHEL - (2 King 4:1-7) Now there cried a certain woman of the wives of the sons of the prophets unto Elisha, saying, Thy servant my husband is dead; and thou knowest that thy servant did fear the LORD: and the creditor is come to take unto him my two sons to be bondmen. And Elisha said unto her, What shall I do for thee? tell me, what hast thou in the house? And she said, Thine handmaid hath not anything in the house, save a pot of oil. Then he said, Go, borrow thee vessels abroad of all thy neighbors, even empty vessels; borrow not a few. And when thou art come in, thou shalt shut the door upon thee and upon thy sons, and shalt pour out into all those vessels, and thou shalt set aside that which is full. So she went from him, and shut the door upon her and upon her sons, who brought the vessels to her; and she poured out. And it came to pass, when the vessels were full, that she said unto her son, Bring me yet a vessel. And he said unto her, There is not a vessel more. And the oil stayed. Then she came and told the man of God. And he said, Go, sell the oil, and pay thy debt, and live thou and thy children of the rest. (KJV)
B. PARTING THE WATER
1. GOD DID IT ONCE FOR MOSES AT THE RED SEA - (Ex 14:21) And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the LORD caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided. (KJV)
2. GOD DID IT AGAIN FOR JOSHUA AT THE JORDAN - (Josh 3:15-16) And as they that bare the ark were come unto Jordan, and the feet of the priests that bare the ark were dipped in the brim of the water, (for Jordan overfloweth all his banks all the time of harvest,) That the waters which came down from above stood and rose up upon an heap very far from the city Adam, that is beside Zaretan: and those that came down toward the sea of the plain, even the salt sea, failed, and were cut off: and the people passed over right against Jericho.