Summary: Everyday we have the opportunity to give life or take life, simply by our willingness to lend a hand and shoulder the burdens of another.
Helping One Another
Galatians 6:1 (NLT)
Dear brothers and sisters, if another Christian is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself.
• The concept of accountability
– Watching out for one another
– Speaking objectively into the life of another
– Helping others see the dangers and consequences of
– Done with love and humility
• The danger
– Getting off course yourself
– Opening yourself up to dangerout temptations
Galatians 6:2-3 (NLT)
Share each other’s troubles and problems, and in this way obey the law of Christ.  If you think you are too important to help someone in need, you are only fooling yourself. You are really a nobody.
Shouldering the Load
• Carrying another’s burdens
– Lending a hand
– Helping with resources
– Not allowing your brother to give up
• Not too big
– There is never a valid reason for unwillingness to
– Your willingness to give shows your true value
Galatians 6:4-5 (NLT)
Be sure to do what you should, for then you will enjoy the personal satisfaction of having done your work well, and you won’t need to compare yourself to anyone else.  For we are each responsible for our own conduct.
Responsible for You
• We need to give our very best
– In all we do
– For God’s glory
– Leads to boasting
– Leads to destructive attitudes
• An audience of One
– The only opinion that truly matters is God’s
– The benchmark will be your obedience and effort to
Galatians 6:6 (NLT)
Those who are taught the word of God should help their teachers by paying them.
Expressions of Gratefulness
• Care for the teacher
– Meeting the physical and material needs
• Not done out of obligation
• Done from a heart of gratitude
Galatians 6:7-8 (NLT)
Don’t be misled. Remember that you can’t ignore God and get away with it. You will always reap what you sow!  Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful desires will harvest the consequences of decay and death. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit.
Principles of Farming
• Reaping and sowing
– The fruit you produce is directly tied to the seed
you have sown
• Selfishness bears out greater selfishness
• Sinful living bears out destructive consequences
• Spirit filled living produces Christlike
•The transformed life
– Only comes from sowing transforming habits
Galatians 6:9-10 (NLT)
So don’t get tired of doing what is good. Don’t get discouraged and give up, for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time.  Whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone, especially to our Christian brothers and sisters.
When the Time is Right
• God’s blessings
– The reward of faithful perseverance
– Will be received in God’s perfect timing
• Opportunities for good
– We should daily be seeking these opportunities
– We should strive to be a blessing to all we come
into contact with
• A life giver, not a life taker
Have You been a Blessing Today???