Summary: This is the 18th sermon in the series "Church On The Rocks". This sermon looks at the rapture of the Bride of Christ. After the sermon, there is a wedding ceremony of a couple in the church.
Sunday Morning March 23, 2003 Bel Aire Baptist Church
Series: ¡§Church On The Rocks¡¨ [#18]
HERE COMES THE BRIDE
[Play Wedding Processional]
1. When we hear this song, we begin to look for the bride. After this sermon, Jaime will be the bride, but during the sermon we are going to look at another Bride, the Church. In every wedding is a bride and a groom. After the sermon, Curtis will be the groom; but during the sermon the Groom is Jesus Christ.
2. Today, the Church is engaged to Christ. Jesus has gone to prepare a place for His Bride.
3. In Jesus¡¦ day when a couple was engaged to be married, the Groom would leave his bride and go to his father and tell him he was engaged. The father would then give his son the portion of property that he had inherited and the son would begin to prepare a home for him and his bride. When the home was prepared he would tell his father he was finished and the father would send him to get his bride and they would be married. Jesus Christ is preparing a place for His Bride and He will come back for her.
All Or Nothing
1. There were some saying that although Jesus was raised from the dead that the bodies of believers would never be resurrected.
2. Paul told them it was either all or nothing.
3. Either Christ was resurrected from the dead and believer¡¦s bodies will also be resurrected from the dead or Jesus wasn¡¦t resurrected from the dead and we won¡¦t be either.
1. But, Jesus was raised from the dead and so will believers be.
2. Because of the 1st Adam, we must all die; but because of the 2nd Adam we will live if we are a Christian.
3. Christ paid the price of sin on the cross and was raised from the dead. He had victory over sin, Satan, and death.
1. Although every person has the opportunity to be a part of The Bride of Christ there are some that will refuse to believe.
2. They just cannot and will not believe that God sent His only begotten Son to this earth, born of a virgin, never sinned, died on a cross, and was risen from the dead.
3. When these people leave this earth they will be separated from God for all of eternity in Hell. There will be many there, in that dark place of fiery flames. They will be all alone because God will not be with them.
All For The Bride
1. For those that believe and confess that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, crucified for the sins of the world, and raised from the dead; they are saved from this separation.
2. Believers make up the Church which is the Bride. Christ will return for His Bride and when He does, there will be a great procession.
3. All of those believers that have died will be raised to meet Christ in the air. Now understand that at the very moment a person dies, their soul goes to Heaven or Hell; but at the rapture, the bodies of believers will be raised. After the dead in Christ are raised, the believers that are living will be raised.
1. Once Christ has gathered His Bride, believer¡¦s bodies will be changed to a glorified body so that we can enter Heaven.