Summary: PROPOSITION: Because the immutable Christ is coming again, you can find hope in Him.
Hope is found in Christ!
PROPOSITION: Because the immutable Christ is coming again, you can find hope in Him.
I. Admit to God that you have a sin problem!
A. The nature of man’s relationship with God is changed (1:1-2:9).
1. Man is separated from God by his sin.
2. Man denies any wrong doing.
B. The nature of man’s relationship with others is changed (2:10-16).
1. He embraces the forbidden foreign wife (2:11).
2. He deals treacherously against his wife (2:15-16).
C. The nature of man’s future is changed (4:1).
1. God’s curse hangs over him (2:1).
2. Apart from the Savior he will be destroyed (3:3-4; 4:3).
II. Embrace the promises of the Scriptures!
A. The source of your hope is the finished work of Christ.
1. He paid your sin debt.
2. He has set you free from sin and its penalty.
B. The certainty of your hope is in the 2nd coming of Christ (3:1-5; 4:1, 2, 6).
1. The righteous will experience a glorious future (3:1-5).
2. The righteous will experience healing (4:2, 6).
C. The basis of your hope is in the immutability of Christ (1:2; 3:6).
1. He will always love you!
2. He will never leave you!