In John 14:1-4 Jesus tell us of His coming. He gives us some things concerning His coming that should be a help:
* The Peace (vv. 1) "Let not your heart be troubled)
· The Person (GOD) (vv. 1)
· The Preparation (vv. 2)
· The Prospect (vv. 3a)
· The Promise (I will come again) (vv. 3b)
· The Purpose (and receive you) (vv. 3c)
· The Plan (that where I am there ye may be also.) (vv. 3d)
1. SCRIPTURES PROCLAIM IT (Mt. 24:3-8)
a.) Signs are to inform us (Lk. 17:28-30)
b.) Signs are to instruct us (Lk. 17:32)
1. Note the severity of today's rebellion.
2. Note the Sentence of refusing divine order.
c.) Signs are to inspire us. (as a battery energizes a car to start)
2. SOCIAL WORLD IS PROVING IT (2 Tim. 3:1-5)
a.) Day of Rebellion (feminine movement, drugs and alcohol)
b.) Day of Unbridled lust (sodomites and lesbians) Clinton's buddies. (anti-discrimination law) no discrimination because of sexual preference. (day-care workers, child-molesters)
c.) Day of backslidden fathers.
d.) Day of Petrified mothers.
e.) Day of Religious sinners. (Mt. 25:12)
3. SIN CURSED WORLD IS PRESENTING IT (Gen. 3:14-19)
a.) Love of the world
b.) Lust of the flesh
c.) Lewdness of desires (evil, wicked, no moral law, sexually unchaste, no regard for law or correctness.)
4. SURENESS OF DEATH IS PROOF (Heb. 9:27)
a.) All will meet this appointment.
b.) All must meet God's approval.
c.) All must except this advice.
5. SUFFERING IN HELL PROMISED (Lk. 16)
a.) Hell is hot.
b.) Water is scarce. None here! No air conditioners!
c.) Eternity is long and lonely.
6. SPLENDORS OF HEAVEN PERSONILIZED (1 Cor. 2:9-10)
a.) Only the save will go.
b.) Departure date unknown (better be ready)
c.) Death will be glory for me.