Summary: Your preparation for the coming of the Lord.
How Done Will You Be At His Coming
(35) Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
(36) But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
(37) But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
(38) For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
(39) And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
(40) Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
(41) Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
(42) Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
(43) But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
(44) Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
(45) Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
(46) Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
I. Many Will Be Undone.
Moses said to the people of Moab in Numbers 21, "Woe unto thee, Moab! thou art undone, O people of Chemosh:..."
Chemosh was the false god of the Moabites. (God’s wash pot Ps.108)
Moab was a type of the world. Wicked and ungodly.
If your found undone, it means you are unsaved.
In Matthew 25:1 13
These foolish women had no oil in their vessels. The oil is a type of the Holy Ghost, Jesus is giving the example that these women didn’t have the Spirit of God in their life when the Lord returned.
(11) Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
(12) But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
(21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
(22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
(23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
II. Some Will Be Half Done.
Ashamed at His coming.
By this I mean that they are saved, but living like they aren’t.
1 John 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
In Romans 12:1-2 God demands we follow His will
(1) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
(2) And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
What is God’s will for my life? You might ask.
Romans 8:28 says the will of God is to be conformed to the image of His Son, or to strive to be like Jesus in all that we say, do, act, think, and desire.
What are some specific ways to be in the will of God?
1. I Thess. 5:16 23 gives us a few.
2. I Thess. 4:1 5 (fornication)
3. I Timothy 2:9 10 (dress codes)
4. Ps.40 1 3 (the music that you listen to)
Those are just some outward things that you need to conform to Christ in.
What about those things inside.
(26) Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
(27) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men’s bones, and of all uncleanness.
(28) Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
(29) Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,