Summary: God’s creation is a demonstration of His great power, wisdom and orderliness. The Lord made everything according to His perfect timing. When we study how God created the world in six days we get a glimpse of His marvelous character. Everyone is to give gl
Unit 1 – Beginnings – The Creation of the World
Lesson 1 – Before the Beginning: How the World Was Made – Genesis 1:1-25
For the Teacher’s Preparation
1. Aim – To lead the people to an understanding of God made the world in six days
2. Explanation of the Aim: - The Bible always assumes that God has always been. Everything else has had a beginning except the Almighty Creator. Everything God created is good and to be used for His purposes.
3. Study the Scriptures: God’s creation is a demonstration of His great power, wisdom and orderliness. The Lord made everything according to His perfect timing. When we study how God created the world in six days we get a glimpse of His marvelous character. Everyone is to give glory to the Creator for His creation instead of worshipping man made idols. Those who glorify, serve and love the Creator will be blessed, but those who neglect Him will suffer harm.
4. Prepare to Teach
a. In the INTRODUCTION ask the people to share what are some of the things that God has created. Ask them to explain why God created human beings.
b. The Bible story explains how God created the world in six days by the power of His spoken word. The MEANING FOR OUR LIVES helps the people see how we owe our obedience, love and gratitude to God for every good thing He has created.
c. For the RESPONSE be ready to sing, “My God is so great, so strong and so mighty there’s nothing my God cannot do. The mountains are His, the valleys are His, the skies are His handiwork too. My God is so great, so strong and so mighty there’s nothing my God cannot do… for you!”
You believe the fact that God created the world, but you have a question. Did God create the devil? Of course we know that God created everything that is good. The devil is a fallen angel who rebelled against God out of sinful pride. Satan chose to disobey God and was forced out of heaven along with one-third of other rebellious angels. “Everything created by God is good and nothing is to be rejected if it received with gratitude.” Discuss why God’s creation is a reflection of His power, wisdom and love.
1. We learn in Genesis 1:1-25 that the world is a great house created by God out of nothing. The earth was without form and empty until God spoke and the world came into being. Without the Lord there is nothing but confusion and emptiness. Until God works one can count on the fact that things will lack purpose.
The Almighty Creator made the world and everything in it with great exactness, balance and orchestrated harmony. Everything in the world is designed by God to give Him glory, obedience and love. The Creator made the world as a demonstration of His almighty power. God’s power is over all things. From Him and to Him and through Him are all things. (Rom. 11:31-33)
When we consider His creation we should worship Him with all our heart, soul, strength and mind.
2. There are aspects of God’s creation that we may not understand. Some of the secrets are being discovered everyday as we uncover the awesome wisdom of the Creator. However, some of the secrets of the universe will never be uncovered because God wants us remember that we are limited in our knowledge, but His knowledge is infinite.