1. Doubting Thomas once said to Jesus, "Lord, we don't know where you are going, so how can we know the way?" Instead of engaging in philosophical or theological discussions Jesus used His life as the answer to one of life's most perplexing problems when He answered and said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father expect through me." (John 14:5,6) Let Christ's life in you lead many others to God's plans as they see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
2. Jesus served people in order to teach them the power in exemplary service. When Jesus had finished washing the disciples' feet, He said, "Do you understand what I have done for you? You call me "Teacher and Lord" and rightly so, for that is what I am. Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. Now that you know these things you will be blessed if you do them." (John 13:12-17) Serving disciples has a way of multiplying your ministry through demonstrations of kindly examples.
3. Jesus knew that failure to obey Him and live an exemplary life would lead to self-destructive behavior. The Lord said, "But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete." (Luke 6:49) Fear God in a way that you will not grow weary in putting into practice all that you know to do is right.
4. Jesus taught that we should find mentors who will teach us through their exemplary lifestyles. The Lord said, "A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher." (Luke 6:40) By focusing our attention of Jesus Christ we are able to emulate Him in every dimension and provide a mentoring service in numerous areas of life.
5. Jesus gives authority to us allowing us to be examples of His power, wisdom and purpose. Jesus gave His disciples authority to drive out evil spirits and to heal every disease and sickness. (Matt. 10:1) Ask the Lord for the courage to appropriate all of the gifts, callings and empowerment the Lord has given to you.
6. Jesus knew that fear would act as one of the greatest hindrances to becoming complete in Christ. He said, "Don't be afraid; from now on you will catch men. So they pull their boats up on shore, left everything and followed him." (Luke 5:10,11) The Lord helped the disciples overcome fear through His example.
7. Jesus healed many hurting people to show them by example that others too can receive healing by reaching out to Him by faith. One day a leprous man fell with his fact to the ground and begged Jesus, "Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean." Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing, be clean!" And immediately the leprosy left him." (Luke 5:12,13) Never underestimate the power of showing kind healing (physically, emotionally, socially, mentally or spiritually) in the name of Jesus.
8. Jesus loved many unlovely people because He wanted His example to pave the way for others to love as He loved. The Lord said, "A new commandment I give to you that you love one another as I have loved you. By this men will all men know that you are my disciples because you have love for one another." (John 13:34,35) Ask the Lord to help you love with a Spirit directed love for people as Jesus did. This does not mean that you show an indiscriminate love for the sins of people, but a healthy love for sinner.
9. Jesus' example meant the most to people when they reached the end of their rope. When the disciples had fished all night long and not caught anything Jesus came to them and said, "Put out into the deep water and let down the nets for a catch_ When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break." (Luke 5:4-6) Ask the Lord to find hungry, hurting and people when they are seeking answers to real, perceived and felt needs. The Lord is the master as timing His example.
10. Jesus' example included all of life's problems. The Lord said, "As the Father has sent me, I am sending you." (John 20:21) Never grow discouraged thinking that Christ's example is not sufficient for whatever you are facing. Through the power of the Holy Spirit we are given everything we need for life and godliness through the knowledge of Christ. (2 Pet. 1:3-8)