Summary: Satan’s priority is to DESTROY (John 10:10). He has been destroying individuals, families, churches & nations. Don’t let him mess yours! Now what would it take Satan to make you quit on God?
Intro: Satan’s priority is to DESTROY (John 10:10). He has been destroying individuals, families, churches & nations. Don’t let him mess yours! Now what would it take Satan to make you quit on God? To understand different areas of our lives that Satan may attack and be prepared when it happens, let us look on six areas in Job’s life which Satan attacked and destroyed:
1. His FINANCES were destroyed (Job 1:14-17). He lost his ability and source of living. Financial problems have been a chief root of many broken marriages and homes.
2. His FAMILY was destroyed (Job 1:18-19). If you get serious serving God, the devil will also get serious attacking your family (cf. Job 2:9). How many families have fought each other while in the midst of trial and quit serving God?
3. His FLESH was destroyed (Job 2:4-8). The devil tried to destroy Job through his flesh. Satan uses sickness and weakness to knock many Christians out from serving God.
4. His FRIENDS were destroyed (Job 2:11-13). If your friends forsake you, would you quit on God? They sat with Job 7 days but Satan tried to use them to turn Job away from God. Their comfort soon turned to criticism (cf. 13:4).
5. His FAITH the Devil tried to destroy (Job 1:20-22).
You’ve been telling others to have faith and trust God for 5-10 years and now you’ve got to practice it, prove it and pass it. Will you continue serving God in tough times even as you did when all was well? (cf. Job 13:15; Dan. 3:16-18)
6. His FUTURE the Devil tried to destroy (Job 42:10).
God turned the captivity of Job when he prayed for his critical friends (cf. Job 1: 2-3 with 42:11-17).
Conclusion: Will you pass these six tests Satan may throw at you? Because Job passed all these tests, God gave him 2X as much as he had before. Job saw 4 generations. Your children, grand and great grandchildren are counting on you not to quit. Their future is at stake. Will your children and grandchildren who will live after you indeed find you faithful and blessed?