Summary: Being secure is similar of being married, "we love him because he first loved us"
How Secure Is My Salvation?
We Need Security
-Early Last Sat morning (Sept 4) Christchurch New Zealand's 7.2
A high school boy dove to the outside wall of his home and landed on a pile of bricks at the same moment his house wall collapsed .
- Where we thought there was security there was none.
- One moment safe secure at home after work in San Bruno CA – (Suburb of San Francisco) the next forever changed
- A natural gas line with a geyser of liquid fire 300 ft. high destroyed 53 home, injured 20 people, and killed 6
- All because of little gas leak
- Thurs Sept. 9 – In a Kraft cookie plant in Philadelphia women kills 2 after being suspended
- One moment secure at work the next dead
- Saturday morning a gunman enraged over how his wife cooked his eggs in rural eastern Kentucky shot five people dead with a shotgun before killing himself
- Nine years after 2977 died on 9/11, 'more conflict than ever, yet this day has changed the world
Where Do We Find Security?
- We talk & look for security but finding none
• Job Security
• Computer security
• Privacy Security
• Home Security
• Car Security
• Social Security
• Financial Security
• Homeland Security
• Boarder Security
• Security Guards
• Maximum Security
• Airport Security (Metal detector & Body Scanner)
• United Nations Security Council
• Global Security
• Eternal Security
- Two ideas
- Eternal security is promoting a license to sin.
- You have to keep your salvation by works.
Example of keeping your salvation by works
For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
Evidence of a Believer
"They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us.
For if they had belonged to us, (Once Saved)
they would have remained with us; (Always Saved)
but their going showed that none of them belonged to us."
- John indicates here that leaving Christ indicates that one had never been born of God
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
False Security Of Knowledge.
- Being born in a bread box doesn’t make you a biscuit.
- Your parents being Christian does not make you one
- Going to church or reading your bible does not give you Salvation
- Your salvation is not due to luck
False Security Of Knowledge.
Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God, And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law; And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness, An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law. Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal? Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege? Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?