Summary: Christ Loves all, David proved that in his personal psalm
How Sweet it is to be Loved by Him!!! Psalm 23:1-6
I began looking at these verses a while back and Philip Keller certainly did a great job in the book he wrote explaining The Shepherds look at Psalm 23 where he explained how a Shepherd loves His sheep.
And David here is reviewing how much the Lord Cares for His Sheep
Jesus explained to us in John 10 how He is the good Shepherd and I’m glad He is my Shepherd.
By way of introduction I just want you to notice a few things I see in Psalm 23
As I began to study this I saw the detail in the scripture of how David wrote the word me 7 times in in 5 verses. The number 7 is completeness and the number 5 is Grace. Psalm 22 had to happen so psalm 23 and 24 could. Can I say that the grace of God Completes me, it is personal.
It is sweet to be loved by Him because,
1. He is our Caretaker vs1-3
Friends will fail-Peter denied Christ Judas Betrayed Him
Fortune will fail- Matthew 6:19-21King James Version (KJV)19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
• He Protects
• He Provides
• He Promises
• He Proves
How Sweet it is to be Loved by Him!
2. He is our Comforter vs4
Yea tho I walk through the valley of Death
• He is our Help-in our time of need Psalm 46 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble
• He is our Hope-when all hope is lost Trust Jesus Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
• He is our Haven- Psalm 46 Refuge and safety
How sweet it is to be Loved by Him!!!
3. He is our Completeness Vs5-6
• Makes us Whole- Void in our heart is filled
• Makes us Wealthy- treasure in heaven
• Makes us Wise-If any man lack wisdom let him ask of God
O How Sweet It Is to Be Loved by Him!!!!!