Summary: The Holy Spirit knows how to work all things together for good for those who love God and are submitting to His will. Paul wrote, "We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose." (Ro
1. The Holy Spirit knows how to work all things together for good for those who love God and are submitting to His will. Paul wrote, "We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose." (Rom. 8:28)
Application: Ask the Lord to help you trust Him to find a positive response to every negative situation in your personal life, relationships and ministries.
2. The Holy Spirit helps us appropriate the fact that we are overcomers in Christ. Paul wrote, "In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." (Rom. 8:37) To be a conqueror means that we are given the identity of one who mightly prevails over all that seeks to separate us from the love of God.
Application: Ask the Lord to show you a way to take full possession of the fact you are a conqueror in Christ.
3. The Holy Spirit gives us wisdom whenever we fail to understand how to solve complex problems. James wrote, "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5) Thank the Lord for the wisdom He promises to supply you with to solve any complicated problem through the Holy Spirit, His word or Godly counselors.
4. The Holy Spirit knows how to encourage anyone who feels discouraged by their difficulties. Paul wrote, "Since you have encouragement from being united with Christ." (Phil. 2:1) Thank the Lord for all the ways He encourages you through His promises, His empowerment, His forgiveness, His mercy, His faithfulness, His truth, His deliverance, His benefits, His love, His hope, His peace, His purposes and His sovereignty.
5. The Holy Spirit knows how to lift people up above their adverse circumstances through true worship. Paul wrote, "For it is we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the Spirit of God, who glory in Christ Jesus, and who put no confidence in the flesh." (Phil. 3:3) Praise God for all the ways that worship enriches, restores and lifts up your focus to the Almighty - Loving Lord of ALL with the Spirit’s help.
6. The Holy Spirit supplies power for the weak, depressed and the faint of heart when they turn to Him for deliverance. Paul wrote, "Because our gospel came to you not simply with words, but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and with deep conviction." (I Thes. 1:5) Consider all the ways that the Lord empowers you to do everything He asks you to do with the help of the Spirit of Christ who gives you great strength and power. (Phil. 4:13)
7. The Holy Spirit produces growth when your church or organization seems to be stagnating. Paul wrote, "In Him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by His Spirit." (Eph. 2:19) Ask the Lord to help you see more quantitative and qualitative growth by faith, through the working of His Holy Spirit, in your church, organization and para-church ministries.
8. The Holy Spirit fights our battles for us when we feel like surrendering. Nehemiah wrote, "Wherever you hear the sound of the trumpet, join us there. Our God will fight for us!" (Neh. 4:20) Let the Lord fight your battles for you rather than trying to wage war in the power of your own might.
9. The Holy Spirit supplies us with direction when we seem to have lost our way. "The Spirit told Philip, "Go to that chariot and stay near it. Then Philip ran up to the chariot and heard the man reading Isaiah the prophet. Do you understand what you are reading? Philip asked. How can I unless some explains it to me? So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him." (Acts 8:30,31)
Application: Ask the Lord to use confusing times to lead you to greater opportunities to be used of God for His purposes.
10. The Holy Spirit fills you with just the right fruit of the Spirit when you think you do not have any resources left. When you think no one loves you - remember the fruit of the Spirit is love. When you are sad or others are others are discouraged - Remember His joy. When you are anxious and others seem fearful - remember His peace.
Application: When you are angry and impatient and others are emotionally upset - remember His patience. When you are bitter and others are hostile - remember His kindness. When you are bad and others are hateful - remember His goodness. When you are unfaithful and others are disobedient to God - remember His faithfulness. When you are cruel and others are abusive - remember His gentleness. When you are undisciplined and others are out of control -remember His self-control. (Gal. 5:22,23)