1. The Holy Spirit uses His intelligence, emotions and will to help leaders love according to the guidelines given in I Corinthians 13:4-7. Paul wrote, "Love is patient, kind, does not envy; it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." Ask the Lord to allow the Spirit to fill your mind, will and emotions with all of the qualities of a Christlike love.
2. The Holy Spirit gives us a greater appreciation of the depth, length, breadth and height of the love of God. Paul wrote, "I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." (Eph. 3:17-19) Ask the Lord to help you grow in your comprehension of God’s love so that you can fill every thought, relationship and ministry with the love of Christ.
3. The Holy Spirit helps us not to become irritable, touchy or resentful.
4. The Holy Spirit helps us gain the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, the courage to change the things we can and the wisdom to know the difference.
5. The Holy Spirit helps us find ways of building others up rather than being critical, angry, or fearful.
6. The Holy Spirit guides us in ways of adding improvements to relationships, ministries and perspectives.
7. The Holy Spirit teaches us to be sensitive to felt, perceived and real emotional, social, cultural, physical, spiritual, mental, economic, political, relational, educational, and family needs.
8. The Holy Spirit provides us with the willingness to replace our self-centeredness with Christ’s love.
9. The Holy Spirit encourages us to not harbor feelings of indignation, bitterness, or carry a grudge.
10. The Holy Spirit enables us to humble ourselves before the Lord while laying aside our pride.
11. The Holy Spirit shows us how to adapt and accept our circumstances in a beneficial way.
12. The Holy Spirit helps us cope with those who falsely accuse, abuse and persecute us because of Christ
13. The Holy Spirit allows us to bear up under any difficulty by knowing how to live with the inconsistency in others, in organizations and in various situations.
14. The Holy Spirit works through the promise of Romans 8:28 that assures us that He is able to work all things together for good as long as we love God and are fitting into His purposes.
15. The Holy Spirit permits us to not judge ourselves or take failure or insults personally.
16. The Holy Spirit convicts us when we become too demanding. He reminds us to rely on God’s sovereign will, way and word.
17. The Holy Spirit sanctions ways that please God in all respects and bears fruit in every good work.
18. The Holy Spirit helps us implement God’s love knowing that it is greater than any other power.
19. The Holy Spirit guides us to not be controlled by our own legal, vocational, social, or cultural rights.
20. The Holy Spirit coaches us to not launch far fetched comparisons with others or become envious.
21. The Holy Spirit educates us in how to not bring up past offenses, hurts or misunderstandings.
22. The Holy Spirit inspires us to overcome any opposition, obstacle or problem because He knows that Christ’s love is greater than any difficulty.
23. The Holy Spirit energizes us to keep on going with Christ’s enduring love in the face of adversity.
24. The Holy Spirit buoys us up because love rejoices knowing the truth will win out over all things.
25. The Holy Spirit graciously supplies us with strength to overcome any temptations with God’s love.
26. The Holy Spirit empowers us to love those who hate us, persecute us and abuse their positions.
27. The Holy Spirit helps us enjoy the fellowship of other Godly people as we love one another.
28. The Holy Spirit inspires us to lovingly pray in a way that maximizes God’s purposes, processes and harvests.
29. The Holy Spirit stimulates us with limitless energy when we feel tired, discouraged and worn out.
30. The Holy Spirit discloses loving solutions when we might think there is no way out of a problem.
31. The Holy Spirit tempers us when we are apt to refer to others sins to beg for leniency in our faults.
32. The Holy Spirit lifts up our eyes to the fields that are ripe for harvesting with the love of Jesus Christ.