Summary: The Holy Spirit helps us progress in all dimensions of life in Christ as we speak the truth in love. Paul wrote, "Let our lives lovingly express truth in all things, speaking truly, dealing truly, living truly. Enfolded in love, let us grow up in every wa
1. The Holy Spirit helps us progress in all dimensions of life in Christ as we speak the truth in love. Paul wrote, "Let our lives lovingly express truth in all things, speaking truly, dealing truly, living truly. Enfolded in love, let us grow up in every way and in all things into Him who is the Head, even Christ." (Eph. 4:15 - Amplified)
Application: Ask the Lord to help you keep pressing on the upward way to new heights every day. Keep praying as you’re upward bound, "Lord, plant my feet on higher ground."
2. The Holy Spirit helps us progress in our Christ like character development. Peter wrote,
"Make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ." (2 Pet. 1:5-8)
Application: Ask the Lord to help you progress in your Godly character development in increasing measure.
3. The Holy Spirit helps us progress by convicting us about hindrances that impede our spiritual, mental, relational, emotional, social, and ministry progress. Paul wrote,
"Equipping the saints so they can do the works of the ministry of building up Christ’s body until we attain maturity in Christ. Then we may no longer be children, tossed like ships to and fro between gusts of teaching and wavering with every changing wind of doctrine, the prey of cunning and cleverness of unscrupulous men, gamblers engaged in every shifting form of trickery in investing errors to mislead." (Eph. 4:12-14)
Application: Ask the Lord to help you focus on equipping people for greater ministry effectiveness so that you are not led astray by childish thinking.
4. The Holy Spirit gives us abundant spiritual fruit that enable us to overcome our own selfish desires. Paul wrote, "But the fruit of the Holy Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience (an even temper & forbearance), kindness, goodness (benevolence), faithfulness, gentleness (meekness, humility) self-control (self-restraint, continence). (Gal. 5:22,23 - Amplified)
Application: Ask the Lord to fill you with the fruits of His Spirit so there is no room in your heart, mind or will for your own selfish desires.
5. The Holy Spirit helps you progress with the help of Godly mentors who model Christ’s life in word and in deed. The writer of Hebrews wrote, "Remember your leaders and superiors in authority, who brought to you the Word of God.
Observe attentively and consider their manner of living (the outcome of their well-spent lives) and imitate their faith (their conviction that God exists and is the Creator and Ruler of all things) the Provider and Bestowed of eternal salvation through Christ. And their leaning of the entire human personality on God in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom and goodness." (Heb. 13:7 - Amplified)
Application: Ask the Lord to help you to imitate the faith and lifestyle of your Godly mentors.
6. The Holy Spirit helps you progress with His supernatural working in your mind, will and emotions. Paul wrote, "Do not work out your salvation in your own strength, for it is God who is all the while effectually at work in you (energizing and creating in you the power and desire) both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight." (Phil. 2:14 - Amplified) Ask the Lord to help you obey & abide more in Christ the Vine by spending at least an hour a day in prayer and in the meditation of God’s word.
7. The Holy Spirit helps you progress by producing a great harvest of converts, disciples and multipliers of Christ’s church throughout the 228 nations of the world. Jesus said, "You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you and I have appointed you (I have planted you) that you might go and bear fruit and keep on bearing, and that your fruit maybe lasting, so that whatever you ask the Father in My Name, He may give it to you." (John 15:16)
Application: Ask the Lord for the best ways you can contribute to the harvest of many converts, disciples and multipliers of Christ’s church throughout all nations on the earth - in prayer, giving & service
8. The Holy Spirit helps you progress by giving you greater power, wisdom and influence for the expansion of Christ’s kingdom and righteousness. Jesus said, "Do not worry saying, ‘What shall we eat? Or What shall we drink? Or What shall we wear?... But seek first his kingdom and righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." (Mt. 6:32,33) Ask God to help you to worry less & serve better!