Summary: The Holy Spirit renews emotionally us when we are using our primary spiritual gifts. Paul wrote, "We have different gifts, accoding to the grace given us. If a man’s gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him
1. The Holy Spirit renews emotionally us when we are using our primary spiritual gifts.
Quote: Everyone is looking for motivation, but the Spirit is the best energizer in the world. Paul wrote, "It is God who is at work in you both to will and to do of His good purposes." (Phil. 2:13,14)
Application:Find our what you are really passionate about and follow the leading of God’s Spirit. Perhaps you have the gift to be a teacher and the Lord gives you great passion to do well. This may be an indication that this is one of your spiritual gifts.
Paul wrote, "We have different gifts, accoding to the grace given us. If a man’s gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith. If it is serving, let him serve; if it is teaching, let him teach..." (Rom. 12:6,7)
Application: Ask the Lord to help you operate out of your primary gifts and callings so that you are not struggling to do something you are not suited for.
2. The Holy Spirit recharges us emotionally when we are staying well nourished from scripture. Jesus said, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God." (Matt. 4:4) Be sure that you are spending enough concentrated time meditating on the scripture so that you are feeding your inner spiritual nature. Jesus said, "Mary has chosen the one needed thing that will not be taken away from you." (Luke 10:38-42 (quickview) )
Ask the Lord for the help to discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness. (I Tim. 4:7) Thank God that is it profitable for all things not only in this life but also in the life to come.
3. The Holy Spirit reinvigorates us emotionally when we are experiencing encouraging fellowship with other Godly christians. The writer of Hebrews wrote, "Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another - all all the more as you see the Day approaching." (Heb. 10:24,25) Ask the Lord to help you find encouraging Christians that you can share and minister with in a spirit of real openness, love and prayer.
4. The Holy Spirit restores us emotionally when we are praying with real trust and obedience. Every morning Mark recalls, "Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed." (Mark 1:35 (quickview) ) Ask the Lord to help you find better ways to spend quality time in prayer that will restore your emotional strength as Jesus did.
5. The Holy Spirit revitalizes us emotionally when we are seeing great fruit through our ministries. Isaiah wrote, "Till the Spirit is poured upon us from on high, and the desert becomes a fertile field, and the fertile field seems like a forest." (Isa. 32:15) Ask the Lord to show you where, how and with whom you can minister so as to bear much fruit.
6. The Holy Spirit rejuvenates us emotionally when we are maximizing our contribution to His kingdom and righteousness. Jesus said, "Seek first his kingdom and righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." (Matt. 6:33) Ask the Lord for wisdom in how you can contribute more effectively to the advancement of His kingdom and righteousness in your ministry circles. Be willing to ask for help if you are conditioned to just using your gifts inside the church while forgetting to help fulfill Christ’s great commission of Matthew 28:18-20 (quickview) .