Summary: The Holy Spirit helps us build healthy family relationships in our organizations through the bond of Christ. Jesus said, "It is enough for the student to be like his teacher and the servant like his master...how much more the members of his household." (M
1. The Holy Spirit helps us build healthy family relationships in our organizations through the bond of Christ. Jesus said, "It is enough for the student to be like his teacher and the servant like his master...how much more the members of his household." (Matt. 10:25)
Application: Ask the Lord to help you teach everyone the advantages of working as a member of Christ’s household of faith. Trust the Lord to help you emphasize the joint identity, belonging, rights, responsibilities and moral obligations we have to one another.
2. The Holy Spirit uses Godly households to help plant and grow churches that reach out through a network of community relationships. Dr. Luke wrote, "Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts... And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved." (Acts 2:46,47)
Application: Ask the Lord to help you work through the already existing network of family relationships in communities to plant and grow churches for the advancement of Christ’s kingdom and righteousness.
3. The Holy Spirit urged Christians to take special care of fellow believers for their mutual benefit. Paul wrote, "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers." (Gal. 6:9,10)
Application: Ask the Lord to help you highlight special help that is rendered to members of Christ’s local believers to enhance unity, loyalty and mutual encouraging.
4. The Holy Spirit helps us teach the contrasting alienation and isolation experienced by non-believers from those who are members of the Christ’s family. Paul wrote, "Through Christ we both have access to the Father. Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God’s people and members of God’s household." (Eph. 2:18,19)
Application: Ask the Lord to help you draw contrasts between the alienation of those outside of the body of Christ and those who enjoy so many benefits, relationships and goals in common.
5. The Holy Spirit helps knock down any superficial differences between people by emphasizing the eternal values we share in Christ. Paul wrote, "For He himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace." (Eph. 2:14,15)
Application: Ask the Lord to help you to resolve any differences between people in your organization by helping all parties focus on the peace, promises and purposes we share in Christ Jesus.
6. The Holy Spirit tends to humble any proud person who tries to become a "superstar" in your organization. James wrote, "God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble." (James 4:6)