1. The Holy Spirit helps us connect to a full complement of spiritual gifts in the body of Christ. Paul writes, "Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit the message of wisdom, to another the message of knowledge; faith; healing; miraculous powers; prophecy; distinguishing between spirits; speaking in different kinds of tongues; interpretation of tongues. (I Cor. 12:7-10) Allow the Lord to help you relate more effectively to a wider range of people possessing many spiritual gifts throughout the body of Christ.
2. The Holy Spirit helps us link to Godly leaders who can teach us valuable lessons. Paul writes about those who have the spiritual gift of leadership as necessary for enabling the church to be administratively effective. Ask the Lord to help you work cooperatively with people who have the gifts of administration, organization and leadership, to improve your contribution to the cause of Christ.
3. The Holy Spirit unites people of a wide diversity of backgrounds to synergistically improve the whole contribution of the body of Christ. For the great commission to be accomplished, we need to be well connected to people of many different ethnic, social, economic, denominational, language and geographical groups. Dr. Luke writes, "All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them." (Acts 2:4) Ask the Lord to help you to be open to whatever ways the Spirit might choose to use in uniting you with people of different backgrounds.
4. The Holy Spirit links people with a wide variety of abilities, talents, and skills. Paul wrote, "All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he gives them to each one, just as he determines." (I Cor. 12:11) Ask the Lord to connect you with people of the necessary abilities, talents and skills to allow you to plant and grow many churches and fellowships both in quantitative and qualitative measures for God's glory.
5. The Holy Spirit unifies people with different perceptions for a greater influence in the world. Paul wrote, "Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit - just as you were called to one hope when you called... One God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all." (Eph. 4:3) Ask the Lord to help you build upon our Christ given unity in the body of Christ. Pray for self-control so as to not try to force people into YOUR set of ideals, expectations or perceptions.
6. The Holy Spirit unites us in Christ for greater solidarity, belonging and acceptance. Paul writes, "Accept one another just as God in Christ has accepted you for the glory of God." (Romans 15:7) Thank the Lord for the awesome power of acceptance that is given in the body of Christ and ask Him to help you utilize it for His purposes.
7. The Holy Spirit binds us together with His love. Paul writes, "My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." (Col. 2:2,3) Ask the Lord for greater love for one another so that you can experience all the benefits of being tightly bound together around Christ.